Express Departure

We are sailing on the Liberty in November and have an early flight out of FLL. What time have people been getting off the Liberty when you choose the express departure? I need to schedule a car service but I'm not sure what time to tell them we will be ready.

Thanks.

You will have to carry all your baggage, down the stairs and through customs. If you have several bags, that can be quite cumbersome and please do not make others behind you have to wait while you re-adjust the load. If you follow regular proceedures, you should be off by 9:30-10:00 Thanks.

We are sailing on the Liberty in November and have an early flight out of FLL. What time have people been getting off the Liberty when you choose the express departure? I need to schedule a car service but I'm not sure what time to tell them we will be ready.

Thanks.

Some of the ships have a paid departure (I can't remember what they called it) where you don't touch your luggage and it is sent to the airlines directly. You pay a fee per customer, and any baggage fees implimented by the airlines (BTW, United charged nothing for this when we did it in Dec. and they charged $15 to customers at the airport) We did it on Mariner out of Canaveral and they ushered us into a lounge then called us to leave almost right behind the express departure. We never saw our bags again until we arrived at home. It was worth the fee. There are time limits, Noon or after departures I believe.

On Majesty in Miami I was being picked up at the port at 7:30am. This was after we also enjoyed breakfast in the Windjammer.

When I took the Freedom out of Miami, I think it was pretty similar also.

On the information they give you, they tell you the "estimated" time of disembarkation is 7:30am when many times I have seen them start way way before that. I would have your driver pick you up at 8am.

I can't believe that no one on this board has used the express departure. I'd be interested on how early people got off any ship.

Thanks.

No one is allowed off any ship until it has been cleared by Customs and Immigration and all bills have been settled and that varies by ship and port as to how soon the process is completed.

Archived