Solstice - bad verandah cabins?

grammyandpoppy

We just booked a guarantee verandah on the Jan 3, 2010 sailing. I know its somewhat of a gamble and wondered if there truly are "bad verandah cabins". This sailing has lots of cabins available at the present time.

Thanks all. Thanks to Royal Caribbean we will now be elite members of the Captainh's Club on this sailing.

Dolores

Funny thing... we just booked a balcony guarantee also, for the same sailing, about a week ago. Today I look at my reservation on the celebrity site and I got cabin 6395... a 2C... I imagine this is what most guarantee cabins will be. There are good photos of the side of the ship at the back...just google "celebrity solstice balcony" and youll be able to look at the cabins by comparing the ones available (on celebritys site) to the ones you want. When you book a Gurantee you cant get cat. 07 which is the balconys with the big lifeboats...so your cabin will probably have a small boat outside of the room, which will block the view directly down. Also, I just tried to call and switch my stateroom to a different 2C that was available and they said I couldnt switch because it was a guarantee....Anyone else reading this ever experience this?

I dont think you will get a "bad" cabin, as long as you dont mind being at the bottom of the ship with a partially obstructed view down, you should be fine - especially since we cant get 07 cat.

hopefully this helps!

We just booked a guarantee verandah on the Jan 3, 2010 sailing. I know its somewhat of a gamble and wondered if there truly are "bad verandah cabins". This sailing has lots of cabins available at the present time.

Thanks all. Thanks to Royal Caribbean we will now be elite members of the Captainh's Club on this sailing.

Dolores

You might want to check out a great summary of the Solstice Rooms in the Sticky titled Solstice Cabin Information Compilation. Some rooms may be a concern depending on your expectations.

:confused: You may want to check your Cabin ## -- I don't see a 6395 on the deck plans, that I have. (there is a 6295 - which is in the aft of the ship on the

port side. Should be a nice location, with the specialty restaurants below- which are carpeted so noise should not be a problem. ).:)

Just checked and we were assigned 6159 - looks like the two cabins forward have balconies that are perpendicular to ours. Like boat and no privacy - doesn't get much worse than that and we will be elite members on this cruise. Now doesn't that stink!

Just checked and we were assigned 6159 - looks like the two cabins forward have balconies that are perpendicular to ours. Like boat and no privacy - doesn't get much worse than that and we will be elite members on this cruise. Now doesn't that stink!

Hmmm...how much did you save by booking a guarantee verandah versus picking a verandah that you prefer? :confused:

If you look at the pictures of the ship...the balconys dont actually "FACE" each other, since there are wall dividers. Your balcony mates would have to look over to see you guys. Just a thought.

Yea, your right (however it was that said that)...7295...not 7395...oops...lol

but the thought of having no privacy is driving me nuts. I can't believe this ship has cabins that actually angle towards other cabins - bad design in my opinion.

If any aspect of it truly drove me nuts, it would be worth the $300 to not be nuts and to have a balcony that I enjoyed. I'd switch. Some people, like me, wouldn't care about it. I would care about looking down at lifeboats, however. I like looking down at the water.

Looking down at the life boats is not a problem. Over the years I have realized that looking down at the water is what makes me seasick. I have trained myself to look to the horizon when on the balcony.

6159 appears to be a large capacity cabin. Deck plan indicates a double sofabed (trundle I assume) as well as an upper berth. Didn't realize there were cabins with capacity of 5.

The good thing with 6159 is that it is close to the elevators.

Archived