SB suite on Westerdam

heidik

Hello, I am contemplating booking an SB suite on the Westerdam for the Nov. 29 14-day Caribbean itinerary. This will be my first HA cruise! Couple simple questions please - do you know if the SB's have a covered or uncovered balcony? Is there wireless internet in the cabin? Thanx -- I really enjoy reading the HA forum - the love of this cruise line comes through loud and clear - it's a very pleasant place to be.....:)

Hello, I am contemplating booking an SB suite on the Westerdam for the Nov. 29 14-day Caribbean itinerary. This will be my first HA cruise! Couple simple questions please - do you know if the SB's have a covered or uncovered balcony? Is there wireless internet in the cabin? Thanx -- I really enjoy reading the HA forum - the love of this cruise line comes through loud and clear - it's a very pleasant place to be.....:)

I have photos from fellow CC members who have donated photos of SB 8147 which shows partial covering you can see the photos here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/index.html

Joanie

Thanks -- I am looking for partial covered - and a large balcony. Is there internet in the cabin?

Oops sorry, I meant to tell you yes, there is WiFi throughout the ship BUT... it can get to be very expensive. Internet access, just like cell phones while not in port are through the Ship satellite service. Only in port are there no charges. And even when you pay, from what other CC'rs have stated in other threads, the WiFi is as slow if not slower than Dial Up access.

Also, SB 8147 is partial covered as shown in the photos

Joanie

Thanks -- I am looking for partial covered - and a large balcony. Is there internet in the cabin?

We stayed in SB7088 that has a bigger balconey and partially covered. We've had this suite 3 times to Alaska and loved it. On our first cruise to the Caribbean next Jan. we also booked this suite, hopefully we'll get some sun. It also has a round table and chairs and two lounge chairs. Can't answer about the internet. I leave my computer at home since it costs too much to use.

We stayed in SB7088 that has a bigger balconey and partially covered. We've had this suite 3 times to Alaska and loved it. On our first cruise to the Caribbean next Jan. we also booked this suite, hopefully we'll get some sun. It also has a round table and chairs and two lounge chairs. Can't answer about the internet. I leave my computer at home since it costs too much to use.

SB7088 has an "angled" balconey on the Westerdam right? I ask because my DW and I have that suite on the Zuiderdam in Jan, and I keep looking for info on this unusually shaped suite/balconey. Was the balconey as windy as some have commented - could you comfortably sit out there while the ship was underway? It looks like the aft portion of the balconey is narrower than the balconey for the SA suites, was that an issue?

SB7088 has an "angled" balconey on the Westerdam right? I ask because my DW and I have that suite on the Zuiderdam in Jan, and I keep looking for info on this unusually shaped suite/balconey. Was the balconey as windy as some have commented - could you comfortably sit out there while the ship was underway? It looks like the aft portion of the balconey is narrower than the balconey for the SA suites, was that an issue?

We were on the Westerdam going to Alaska so there wasn't much sitting out there but when we did and the wind wasn't strong it was okay. Yes it is angled.:) Gotta remember this was Alaska. We were able to stand out there the entire time we were at the Glaciers taking pictures without a problem. Normally when we dock in Vancouvor the weather is warm but this last time it was too windy and cool. We were able to sit outside on the balconey as the ship got underway, the weather was beautiful. I think I mentioned we have this same suite going to the Caribbean next Jan. I'm hoping my g-daughter and I will beable to get some sun sitting out there, DH will find the shade.:D Hope I answered your questions. Barb

Archived