Ramada or Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale

cruisingcoppertop

Hoping to get some advice on a pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We will be getting into town at around 7pm the day before our Feb. cruise and are looking for a reasonable place to stay for the night that has airport/port transportation. It looks as if it is coming down to these two choices(booking at approx. $168.00 per night). Does anyone have an opinion on which to choose? We would like to make a choice soon and your help would be appreciated!:D

All Ramada Inns and Days Inns in South Florida are dumps! The ones in Ft Lauderdale are not in nice areas either.

Which Hampton Inn are you asking about? There are several in Ft Lauderdale.

Shuttles are never a reason to book a hotel, they're almost always more hassle than they're worth and you will spend a long time waiting around for them, 45-60 minutes is not uncommon. Many people give up and take a taxi anyway.

If you stay along SE17th Street it's so close to both the port and airport that you don't need shuttles, taxis are cheap, plentiful, and a whole lot more convenient.

If you're looking for a budget hotel try these, they're just outside the entrance to the port, less than 10 minutes from the airport, and are surrounded by restaurants, shops, grocery & drug stores, and the area is very safe...

Hyatt Place... http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruiseport location. Hotel was clean, excellent shuttle service, decent breakfast and is walking distance to fast food, restaurants, Kmart, Marshall's, Barnes and Noble for last minute shopping. The only reason I am not going back there is because it is extremely expensive - $169.00. This year I am staying at Hyatt Place on SE 10th street for $76.00. This hotel has gotten great reviews on Expedia and Trip Advisor, the pictures look great and the hotel is in a great location close to a grocery store, pharmacy and restaurants. The hotel has free shuttle service from the airport and to the port and a free breakfast. I booked this rate through Hyattplace.com - there is a special for the next few days. Good luck

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruiseport location. Hotel was clean, excellent shuttle service, decent breakfast and is walking distance to fast food, restaurants, Kmart, Marshall's, Barnes and Noble for last minute shopping. The only reason I am not going back there is because it is extremely expensive - $169.00. This year I am staying at Hyatt Place on SE 10th street for $76.00. This hotel has gotten great reviews on Expedia and Trip Advisor, the pictures look great and the hotel is in a great location close to a grocery store, pharmacy and restaurants. The hotel has free shuttle service from the airport and to the port and a free breakfast. I booked this rate through Hyattplace.com - there is a special for the next few days. Good luck

This would be the best deal on the Hyatt Place in the best location, but the 30% off deal is only good on stays in 2009, and the rate for February is $229. Valuetrips might be able to get it for $159. This would be a lot better than staying at the Hampton or Ramada, I think. If you do decide to stay at Hampton, stay at the "airport" one on Stirling Rd in Hollywood as described above (there are 2 airport locations and the "airport north" one in Fort Lauderdale isn't near as many stores and restaurants).

Do you remember what times the Hampton Inn started shuttle service to the port and did you have to sign up on a sheet?

Archived