cave-tubing.com

poblead

we are booked with them and i am wondering about a couple of things..

can we just wear our water shoes for the hike or should we wear good walking shoes? it says to bring water shoes? what do we do with our sneakers?

also what happens to our stuff? does it stay on the bus?

we are booked with them and i am wondering about a couple of things..

can we just wear our water shoes for the hike or should we wear good walking shoes? it says to bring water shoes? what do we do with our sneakers?

also what happens to our stuff? does it stay on the bus?

Hubby and oldest son tubed with them last May. They both wore their water shoes and were fine.

They wore the water resistant (I hate the word water "proof" unless it really is) canisters around their neck with their Sail and Sign cards, money and one credit card. It was fine. Everything else (of no value like a change of clothes) was left in the bus and was fine.

When you get off the tender....if you come in on the side with the Harbor View Hotel sign...that is TERMINAL ONE. Just walk right through it to the electric sliding glass doors and Yhnoy will be outside with a HUGE white sign with you name on it.

Carnival also lines up some tours in this area...so just walk through them.

If you come in at the other side...that is Terminal 4. Just walk along the water (past the Wet Lizard) over to Terminal One and then through the sliding glass doors.

have a great time!!

We tubed with this group last year and had a great time. We wore our water shoes for the hike with no problems-females have the tubes carried for them, while we men had to carry our own! Very safety conscious tour guides. Enjoyable, but a little difficult to lean back in a tube and try and take pictures too.

Enjoy!

We just rerurned! Had a great day with Cave-tubing.com. Dennis is a TRIP!!! DH and I both wore our own personal water shoes, but they had them to rent for $3. a pair. DO be aware that the fire ants along the jungle trek seem impossible to avoid. I had liberally applied bug lotion containing DEET right before our walk and the fire ants STILL sting me and I never COULD see the lttle buggers at all! They really feel like fire! Fortuneately, that sensation does not last long. HOWEVER about three days later my ankles started to itch and I had little welts in many places on them. Hydrocortizone creme worked to stop the itch, but I had to keep reapplying it for a couple days. I am quite sensitive to bug bites. DH never itched or got welts at all and he was stung by them as well.

We just rerurned! Had a great day with Cave-tubing.com. Dennis is a TRIP!!! DH and I both wore our own personal water shoes, but they had them to rent for $3. a pair. DO be aware that the fire ants along the jungle trek seem impossible to avoid. I had liberally applied bug lotion containing DEET right before our walk and the fire ants STILL sting me and I never COULD see the lttle buggers at all! They really feel like fire! Fortuneately, that sensation does not last long. HOWEVER about three days later my ankles started to itch and I had little welts in many places on them. Hydrocortizone creme worked to stop the itch, but I had to keep reapplying it for a couple days. I am quite sensitive to bug bites. DH never itched or got welts at all and he was stung by them as well.

now this is great advise! Thanks.. I wouldn't have even thought to bring bug spray.. i do have bug wipes with deet in them. and will pack the hydrocortisone too.

Thank you to all of the other responses too!!

Don't wade in water before the hike. I bet it is hard to keep the bug spray on.

Don't wade in water before the hike. I bet it is hard to keep the bug spray on.

Unforunately, it has been raining LOADS there lately and you HAVE to ford this creek holding onto a rope to get to the jungle trek to the caves! I forgot that! NO WONDER the bug repellent was no longer effective! Not sure how you could bring the DEET repellant along to apply after the fording since we left everything behind on the bus ...perhaps in t-shirt or bathing trunk pocket??

Our group of 8 booked cave-tubing. com to do the cave tubing and Im on the fence if I would do it again or not. It has NOTHING to do with Cave Tubing.com. It was a warm day for us walking through the jungle so that made the walk seem even longer. We stopped a few times to check some stuff out...like the termite mound. The guys in the group were provoked to eat a few Termites, so we did it. None of our wives did....LOL We got to the river and we all got in and we were all linked together by feet and arm pits and off we go. We come to the first cave and we turn our coalminer lights on and there wasnt much to see but allot of rock. I imagined stalagtites and bats flying all around, but nope...just rock. Then the water got shallow and they yell "Butts Up" and we go through and get bumped on our butts from the larger pebbles in the river, no problem. Then we come to the second cave and the same thing...no bats, no nothing - just rock. We are almost to the end of cave #2 and he says Butts Up, well, it was too shallow for them to pull us through, so we had to walk to the exit and get back in deeper water. As the river got deeper and you are floating through the jungle, it was pretty cool seeing the birds and other critters. There was another tour we passed and they were all spread out and thier guide was yelling to get them together. OUR guides had us linked the whole time and he pulled us through the river and steered us away from any dangerous rocks or limbs. I heard someone from the other tour say

" Look at that tour - their guides are pulling them through" and they had to paddle to move down stream, so I think if your gonna do cave tubing, use cave-tubing.com as they truley work their butts of for you. The reason I say Im on the fence is - it was just an ok excursion for us. I think its one of those things when you say" Id do it once", but we probably wont do it again if / when we return. If there was more to see in the caves, I may have a different opinion. Water shoes were fine, they rent them there too. Someone said bring extra money, this is true. On the bus ride out they stop for a drink at this little roadside stand where they sell cold drinks, some hand made wooden items and some food. ( the food was pretty good. they were like burritos ) Have fun !!

Our group of 8 booked cave-tubing. com to do the cave tubing and Im on the fence if I would do it again or not. .......The reason I say Im on the fence is - it was just an ok excursion for us. I think its one of those things when you say" Id do it once", but we probably wont do it again if / when we return. If there was more to see in the caves, I may have a different opinion.

Thanks for the honest review - i've been 'on the fence' about doing this with our 12&13 yr old kids - whether they'd appreciate the experience enough (find it interesting/exciting enough)... What would you do instead during your belize excursion?

I am booked with cave tubing dot com for my upcoming cruise. It will be me, my fiance, and ds (6). Will DS ride in with one of us in the inner tube or will he be in his own? He's a good swimmer and I am bringing his own life jacket, but I am concerned about his height and being able to help keep the inner tube line together.

We will be in Belize next week and are booked with cave-tubing.com. I was wondering what people wear. I know there is the hike at the beginning. When you get to the tubing part, do people wear bathing suits or shorts and t-shirts. Any advice is greatly appreicated. Is there anywhere to put your stuff once you get to the tubing site after the hike?

I did a bit of research, and there will be 4 other ships in Belize on the same day as the Carnival Glory we're on for December 16th.

Does anyone have experience with cave tubing in this situation? I wonder if it would become too chaotic with so many cruise ships there.

I went on this with my children in June. I had four teenagers and me. It was hot, but I am from AZ so no big deal to me. I will try to answer some of your questions:

#1 They had quite a few busses at the port. They leave as soon as the bus is full. We waited maybe 2 minutes and we were off.

#2. You will only feel "rushed" if you do not get on one of the early tenders. We were on Carnival Legend with three ships in port and had no issues. Other cruises do have issues getting tenders going timely. Some if it is simply out of your control and you can't stress over it.

#3 I took the kids on an ATV tour before we hit the caves. We had a great time but you do miss the first set of caves. Frankly, this was not a big deal to us and I think my kids would have been bored going through both caves.

#4. Personally, I wouldn't leave my money or id's on the bus. I took one of the water proof passport holders and put it around my neck. Worked great!

#5. We had no issues with fire ants or bugs. If fire ants get to you, I suggest you wear a pair of cheap tennis shoes that you can get wet. You can wear shorts/swim suit, shirt and water shoes. You can change after the caves. The water will be 'refreshing' in the winter.

#6 All seem to push the "safety" issue. All things considered, I felt safer in the tubes than I do on my local freeway. Certainly, my chance of injury or death is greater on the freeway than cave tubing!

You should have a good time. For the price, you can't go wrong. I hope this helps.

Kenny

Archived