"Black Watch" refurbishment

Parsman

It was good to learn that the planned docking of the "Black Watch" has been extended to include a wide-ranging refurbishment. There is to be an extended casual restaurant and many of the public areas are to be renewed. Some of the bathrooms are to be up-dated.

Although it is probably my favourite ship in the fleet it has been looking a little "tired" in places recently and in need of improvement. This work should ensure it regains the standard we have enjoyed for some time to come.

It was good to learn that the planned docking of the "Black Watch" has been extended to include a wide-ranging refurbishment. There is to be an extended casual restaurant and many of the public areas are to be renewed. Some of the bathrooms are to be up-dated.

Although it is probably my favourite ship in the fleet it has been looking a little "tired" in places recently and in need of improvement. This work should ensure it regains the standard we have enjoyed for some time to come.

Yes i agree totally. I think it is the best ship in the fleet and i would agree it has become a little tired, but now with this refurbishment it will bring it back to life and become again a fantastic ship :)

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

"There is to be an extended casual restaurant and many of the public areas are to be renewed."

Does this mean the end of the Orchid Room which is on the other side of the bulkhead withe the casual restaurant? Shame if it does.

I did my first BW trip in April and had a table in this cosy little lace, much quieter than the main restaurant.

Have booked again for Easter 2009 and had hoped to get in the Orchid Room again.

ISS

My reading of the Fred. Olsen statement is that the Braemar lounge will be incorporated into the casual "eatery". I addition other public rooms including the Observatory are to be renovated. Some bathrooms are to be upgraded too.

Archived