Really bugging me - whats it called?

hmmm thats interesting - we've been told its an extra £40 each

It is called 'deviation' and in the UK it is £20pp to go out earlier or come back later. No charge if you stay in one of RCI hotels though.

BalJaffray - perhaps your TA has booked the flts separately to the cruise?

thanks for this - think I will check direct with RCI then I can go back to them and make a stand. Is there any way to check what hotels RCI use and do you have to book the hotels through them as well?

We are not staying in an RCI hotel, but all I know is that I have an invoice with total cost, no mention of extra charge,and my TA phoned RCI to confirm later flight. I could be wrong and be charged, but my TA never mentioned it, and we have used them before. We are a family of 4, so I hope there is no extra surprises!

thanks for this - think I will check direct with RCI then I can go back to them and make a stand. Is there any way to check what hotels RCI use and do you have to book the hotels through them as well?

Hi - say RCI have 100 seats booked on the Saturday flight and you want to come back on a Tuesday flight, then the cost of the Tuesday flight may be more £20pp expensive than the one on Sat where they have a group bulk discount. Does that make sense?! So in that instance there is £20pp to deviate and then there will be an extra £20pp to take the Tuesday flight. That is called an 'upsell'. The two items should be shown separately on your invoice.

This may account for your £40 quote - £20 upsell and £20 deviation fee ....just a guess!

The hotels have to be booked via RCI so you must get your TA to do this. Where are you thinking of staying? Most hotels are on their website.

Archived