Radisson In Port Canaveral ????????'s

NHLady

We've booked a room in the Radisson before our Fantasy cruise. Originally we planned on renting a car for the day we arrive, retuninging it in Cape Canaveral the next day and heading to port. Then do the opposite on the retrun trip or take a limo backto the airport (although our flight doesn't leave until 6:45 pm. Now I found a car for the entire week for the original price we'd pay for a car for one day, so I figure I might as well do that.

Here's the question (I know, FINALLY) I didn't reserve the park & cruise option at the Radisson (which includes parking, breakfast and the hotel as well as free shuttle to port) but I know that I read onone of these board not to bother paying for the park and cruise price, because you can still park there during your cruise. Seems to me that the extra $30.00 they charge for that program is really paying for the breakfast. Does anyone else out there have any experience with this. And for that matter, is the breakfast alone worth the extra $30.00??? We'll be there on a Sunday morning-will it be packed??

Thanks for any info guys-you're the best!!

Karen

I don't know about the rental car, but if you are leaving on Saturday morning it will definitely be packed. This is the preferred hotel to most on the disney boards and the Magic leaves on Saturdays if I'm not mistaken. We stayed there about two years ago and enjoyed it, but we were only there for 1 night.

We have stayed there twice and parked for the cruise. We did not booked with the cruise and park special. and they let us park anyways. I love the hotel and will always stay there for PC cruises. They also have a free shuttle to the peir , just ask for a signup time when you check in and ask where to park. Taxis were cheap to the pair , I think about $4 PP.

but actually we're gonna be there Saturday night for a Sunday departure. I'm sure it will still be busy since the Wonder and the Mariner leave that day too. The Magic and Glory go out the day before and the Sovereign leaves the day after!! Did you eat at the hotel that morning? If so, how was it!?!

Thanks,

Karen

We stayed at the Radisson 4 times before our cruises. The last being last March 2004 when We sailed on the Mariner. Never had to pay for parking while We were on the Cruise. Just find a spot the morning you are leaving in designated areas, lock up and take shuttle to the Ship. We had a lovely time everytime We stayed at the Radisson. No Complaints. Ike

My parents stayed there prior to their Glory cruise, fully intending on driving to the pier, as they did not pay for the parking option...and the desk attendant offered them the shuttle. I'm pretty sure they got breakfast too. Can't swear to that though.

As it turned out I found a really great daily rate for a car through Budget, so we won't need to park, but in May my best friend and I are going on a cruise and since she lives in FL, we'll be using her car, so that sounds like the perfect option for us, then!!

Karen

FYI. We stayed at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach, which is RIGHT on the beach, about 5 minutes from the Radisson/port area, comparably priced to the Radisson, also with a free shuttle to the port, and they let us leave our car there for the week. Before going, I called 3 or 4 hotels on Cocoa Beach and asked about leaving our car there during the cruise and all of them said it was ok and no charge.

We booked our suite at the Radisson about 10 months before our October cruise. The room was great. Only problem, a large wedding party had booked the dining room, and took the first two shuttles the next morning. We were not offered a breakfast with our suite booking. The breakfast buffet cost us about $25.00 including tip. With the dining room closed we had overpriced burgers at the outdoor bar. After the cruise we took a cab back rather than wait for the shuttle, not knowing what to expect. Would we pay for a cruise and room deal with parking at the Radisson. No. We would book a room and just park the car. We would take a cab and avoid the cattle call for the shuttle. Not enough chairs in the lobby, especially if there is a wedding party. The one ahead of us numbered 52 people. We could have eaten off premises but didn't want to drive too much so we made do. All the Radisson employees were exceptional in every way. This was one of the few positive things of our stay there.

Jim

This is the main reason we didn't stay there, because everyone else does. I'm not kidding folks. It is 5 minutes to Cocoa Beach where there are dozens of hotels and dozens of restaraunts and the Ron Jon Surf Shop which is a theme park of a souvenir store. I didn't mention that our hotel used the same free shuttle that the Radisson uses (Art's Shuttle) and we opted to take a cab because it was only $7 for the two of us! For the same $$, you can get a hotel on the beach that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. It's a no-brainer.

I agree with the Cocoa beach stay. The Radisson was about 150. for a room. I booked a room through Priceline in Cocoa Beach for 53 dollars. The 7 mile cab ride is not a big deal...saving almost 100 dollars IS !

We are flying in 2 days prior to sailing...staying 1 night in Orlando and one night in Cocoa Beach....2 nights hotel and a car for about 130 dollars !

Archived