Boxed Wine in FLL

lcds1

We are going on Ruby 10 nite- I want to get some boxed wine-

LOVE Chillable Red-

We are staying at LQ Hollywood- the Kmart doesnt have wine-and We are not members of the wholesale club- as I recall they didnt have wine anyway.

WHERE can we get some?

Or do I "Dare" Pack a small box in a ziplock bag in our checked luggage?

All you other winos out there..what do you do?

There is a Total wine store on 17th street that is very close to a Pulbix grocery store and near the port. I put all our stuff in checked luggage, but have never bought wine, so not sure how much room this would take. I'm sure one of the above stores would have what you want.

Jan

Well, now that is a new one on me. Is there an explanation as to the size restriction?

Jan in Mi

State law. In Total Wines and Liquors I asked that question. They told me the state didn't want people to drink too much. STUPID! Of course, you can buy 100 3L boxes if you want and 5 kegs of beer. Probably some politician came up with the reason years ago and it was never changed. Maybe the 5L boxes were too cheap and they got less tax?

The K-Mart does have wine and the wholesale club allowed us, as cruise ship passengers (no membership), to buy wine. Have used both the last two winters.

The other suggestions being made are too far from your hotel. Taxi is too expensive from Hollywood and bus is not convenient.

Cheers!

Archived