Miami hotels with free breakfast and shuttle to the Port of Miami

We are looking for a great deal on a hotel that offers free breakfast and free shuttle to the Port of Miami. I know for a while that LaQuinta offered this but don't know if they still do. We stayed a few years back at a Best Western that offered the free shuttle to and from the airport and to the Port. That was a huge savings. Thanks in advance for the tips.

There is a Days Inn in the medical district that is really cheap and has the shuttles. As I am not too familiar with Miami, I don't know how good, bad or indeifferent the medical center area is. I would imagine if its like any other city, the hospital area is going to be in the central part of town or in the areas which may not be so safe but I may be mistaken on this...

We always stay at Holiday Inn Marina Park which is directly across the street from Bayside Market. It does not have a free shuttle but the taxi ride is only about $7. From your room you can see all the ships. Great to wake up sail away morning, open the curtains, and there is your ship.The kids would love Bayside, there are loads of restaurants, boats to take you on tours of Millionaires Island, street performers, shopping, etc. You can easily spend a full day. The price is usually under $100 per night. You can't go wrong( rooms are very nice)

Enjoy your vacation.

Anyone ever stay at the Best Western South Miami? It has complimentary shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise piers. Just curious if that should be something to look into or if we should look into the Holiday Inn at the Bayside Marketplace???

ED MArY ANN: Thanks for the tip about the taxi being $18! Obviously you like Embassy suites since you stayed 3X. Could you give a review? I love to find out ahead of time as much as I can about where I'm staying.:rolleyes: Makes waiting for the trip all that much easier!

I used betterbidding for this trip since I used HOTWIRE but I usually use biddingfortravel when I go with PRICELINE. The info on both site is invaluble!!!

Good Luck mom of four!!!

~lurker

yes the Days Inn in Maimi-dade has a free shuttle to the terminal but the breakfast is not free.We would never recommend anyone stay there.our room was infested with bugs that bite:eek: .We stayed and the Comfort Inns and suites.They do have free breakfast and the shuttle will cost you 10.00.not a bad deal:)

Anyone ever stay at the Best Western South Miami? It has complimentary shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise piers. Just curious if that should be something to look into or if we should look into the Holiday Inn at the Bayside Marketplace???

I stayed at the Best Western on Washington in South Beach.

We are staying at the Fairfield Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area.

The rate is $77 for the night. I have not stayed there before my niece made the arrangements and always stay there with children and family when crusing. I know the shuttle is free but that's all I know.:)

Hi there -

About 1 1/2 years ago, we stayed at La Qunita - they had the free breakfast and provided shuttle service. As it happened, they overbooked the shuttle, and ended up paying for cab fares for the guests who had booked the shuttle and then couldn't sqeeze aboard. I would give them a call again...

CANADIANEH, Is the Holiday Inn Marina Park the same as the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We are staying across from Bayside Marketplace at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Are there 2 Holiday Inns next to each other.

Angela

The South Best Western was awful - no hot water while we were there on 1/7-1/8. To save money I was tryng to locate hotels with free shuttle service.

After reading about the hotel a little more we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn outside the bayside marketplace. The rate was tough to beat with their on-line advance pay discount. It will give us a chance to grab a cab and head over early enough to get on the ship first thing and explore for a while without rushing to figure it out and then heading to muster drill.

It doesn't have shuttle service. Compared to other hotels, the price is not as good as as you can get on priceline for other hotels but I was pleased in knowing that I didn't have to bid and worry about availability and worry that I wouldn't be getting the hotel I wanted. We pre-paid as a condition of the the "Best Internet Guaranteed" Rate which was around $85 for the night.

Cab from the airport is $21 flat and from the hotel to the pier is $7-$8.

My wife and I staid at the Best Western near the port, and thought it was horrible. We booked a room several floors up, non-smoking. We go something over the main entrance on the second floor, that was clearly a smokers room. The coffee maker had an old filter on it. The room was only marginally neat. The windows didn't seal as they should. The shower leaked. The cable TV was nearly non-functional. The desk staff was rude. The "secure parking" was a tiny lot with a kid in a hat watching over it, and it was so crammed people were parked every which way. The breakfast was almost in-edible. I can't recommend against a hotel any more adamantly than with this place.

I started a forum for discussion of Miami hotels in particular.

Miami Hotels at Google.

• 2 weeks later...

Mom of four ~ I have heard that too. Apparently, you dont need to book the Embassy's "cruise package" in order to use the shuttle. They charge $7 per person. Not bad at all.

Are you going with embassy suites. Right now its $75 on Hotwire. What are your dates?

~Lurker

For 2 years now, we have stayed at the Amerisuites Blue Lagoon Hotel, about 20 min from the airport. Here is their website:

http://www.amerisuites.com/hotels/listhotel.php?code=AJBY

We have booked directly through them once, and this past time we used http://www.easyclicktravel.com and paid $69.

This hotel is excellent. They have a fabulous huge continental buffet breakfast (cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, juices, yogurts, ect), as well as a free shuttle to take you to restaurants in the area for your dinner, so you dont have to worry about cab fare. To shuttle to the port, they offer a port shuttle at $9 per person, which worked out very well.

Excellent hotel, excellent service, I would highly recommend it. The only thing is that there is not a whole lot of stuff around the hotel, but if you want to go anywhere the shuttle will take you. Or just sit and relax by their nice pool.

3 years ago we stayed at the Holiday Inn Marina Park and had a horrible experience. We will always stay at the Amerisuites Blue Lagoon from now on!

Hope this helps! :)

Archived