Talk to me about these Acapulco beaches....

MaiTaiMary

Instead of a tour, I think we might just do a beach day in Acapulco. :cool:

Can anybody give me some more information on these beaches?

What are they like? Good swimming? Clean? Close to the port? Crowded beach area? Good food close by? Snorkeling? Bathrooms? Jet skis available to rent?

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! :D

Tamarindo

Isla La Roqueta

Caleta

Caletilla

Papagayo park

Beach of Condesa

Hornos

Hyatt Acapulco beach

CICI waterpark beach

Play La Angosta

or any other recommendations. :D

Iam not good with the picture thing. But we did go to a great beach last year there. We met a guide at the fort who helped us take a city bus to a locals beach. Great little bar with food, music and great drink specials. Go thru the place, and its open to the beach. A lot of palupas. There were some tourists there besides us, but mainly it was local people. I think there were about 10 or 12 of us. Had a blast! One girl in our group not only speaks spanish, but sings too. So when the band got going, she went up and sang a fast Selena song. The whole crowd loved her! Beach vendors were plentiful, but we had fun with them, bought some stuff.

Well, I just went and looked in the scrapebook to see if I could find the name of the place. Sorry. I know there's a picture of it somewhere. If I find it, I'll let you know. But I'll met there' lots of places just like it. Nothing beats a day at the beach on the Riviara!

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Caletas last year on a recommendation from someone here.

We really enjoyed it because it was very low key and just what we were looking for.

It was primarily locals, not many tourists at all. We entered the beach area through a seafood restaurant, but I can't remember the name of it. The restaurant had tables with umbrellas out on the sand and we spent the whole afternoon there. The food and drinks were reasonable and the service was great.

There were no jet skis there that I saw. The ocean there is sort of like a little cove and further out in the water there were lots of small boats moored. There are no waves if that's what you're looking for.

Another drawback is that the water was a little dirty due to the fact that it is a cove like area. There was some trash and a lot of loose kelp and things that don't easily get washed back out. It didn't deter us from swimming in it, but it made it a little less enjoyable.

There were some vendors, but not nearly as many as in some other places we have gone. Most of them would move along with a simple, No, gracias.

We really liked it because it felt more like a true Mexico experience than being at a touristy beach, but your mileage may vary.

This picture was taken from our table looking out to the beach area.

194.jpg

Earlier this year we spent the day at Condesa Beach in Acapulco and had a great time. We entered through Beto's Restaurant and used one of their palapas. We drank beer the entire day, ate lunch, and had great service for $25 each. The beach is very clean. It was very relaxing watching the world go by from the shade of our own palapa.

Happy Travels.

Earlier this year we spent the day at Condesa Beach in Acapulco and had a great time. We entered through Beto's Restaurant and used one of their palapas. We drank beer the entire day, ate lunch, and had great service for $25 each. The beach is very clean. It was very relaxing watching the world go by from the shade of our own palapa.

Happy Travels.

We also spent time at Condesa Beach and it was very nice. Loved dealing with the beach vendors. It's part of the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Travels.

did they charge you a flat rate of $25.00 ea.? or is that what your bill came to at the end of the day?

I am assuming you just ask a cab drive to take you to Beto's?

Click on the link in my signature line and you'll be taken to some of my Mexico photo albums, including some albums with hundreds of photos of beach areas in Acapulco. Have a great visit!

Nice pictures, but without labels how is one to know which beach is which? :confused:

Nice pictures, but without labels how is one to know which beach is which? :confused:

When looking at the Acapulclo beach photo album(s) of mine you know which beach is which . . . by leading he label of each of the photos, which give the name of the beach. Each photo has a descriptive label.

When looking at the Acapulclo beach photo album(s) of mine you know which beach is which . . . by leading he label of each of the photos, which give the name of the beach. Each photo has a descriptive label.

Ok, I'll try again.. couldnt find beach names..on each picture..

ok, got it.. I just looked at the first 8. I should have kept going.. thank you.. OUr last visit to Acapulco was negative because we didnt have a plan. I deffinately want to have a beach planned for this next time..

Happy Travels.

Hello was it an expensive taxi ride?

Loved your pictures gomexico. Which beach would you recommend? Are the horses on the beach safe for inexperienced riders? Looks like fun but don't really want to break any bones on my vacation.

There are +/- 20 different beaches in and adjacent to Acapulco - so there's a beach to satisfy just about any personal preference. My likes/dislikes change with my mood, the ambiance I'm looking for, am I going in the water or just sitting waterside with feet in the sand sipping drinks, etc. What experience are you looking for?

About the horses: they're available at beaches outside of the center of the city - a taxi ride of maybe 45-minutes. Pie de la Cuesta and Playa Barra Vieja is where I recall their being limited to - not at beaches in the city proper. Most of the horses are on the docile side, I think - and you'd have a teen boy riding along with you as you calmly walked back and forth, waterside, along the beach.

It has been over a year since I was in Acapulco, but I took an interesting trip on a double deck glass bottom boat that included a stop at a beach on an island just inside the harbor entrance. As the cruise ship enters the harbor, you can see the restaurant and small beach on your left inside the harbor. The boat name was Lizbeth and I got it about a block past the stoplight in the old part of town. The price was 7 or 8 dollars, and it is mostly used by locals. They have 4 or 5 boats that make the harbor tour, and if you get off at the beach, you can catch another one back when you are ready to leave the beach. All the announcements are in Spanish, so you may need an interpreter. They have a table set up on the walkway by the water downtown, and you buy your ticket and wait a few minutes for a boat if one is not there at the time.

Any time that we are in Acapulco we go to Puerto *****, it is south of the Cruise Terminal. There is everything that you will need for a great day at the beach. There are a lot of locals. We have been going there since the mid 80's. The first time we went to Acapulco a cab driver took us there. We had a sea food platter that was about 24" x 12" for $10 while sitting on the sand. Its about a $20 cab ride.

Archived