Delta messed up flight times

Kitt Grey

Well I am a bit obsessive about checking my reservations and all so today I checked my flights, lo and behold they had changed again. They had me flying out of FLL around 530pm and connecting to Cinci then home. I was to leave Cinci at 230pm. Not sure how I was supposed to do that one.

Good new though I had booked the late flight because it was cheap and I was in no reall rush but the phone rep was able to rebook me leaving FLL at 1 pm and getting home 5 hrs earlier. Gotta love it when you can get things changed quickly and pleasently on the phone and it works in your favor.

We are going out to Long Beach, CA from the Milwaukee area on Nov 7. We had one change earlier that was no big deal. We get an e-mail yesterday putting us on a flight that totally messed up planned things that afternoon. To top it all, they offered us a new return flight at 9:45 AM(!). Let's see, Splendor gets in at 9:00. Riiiiiiiiiiight! Our alternative was one much later in the day getting us home at 10:00 AM the following day!

To Delta: Never again! We are now on Southwest going into Los Angeles and using the money saved from bag checking for ground transportation to Long Beach. Our TA helped to point us in this direction.

Less than a month out they pull this... UGH

Dan

We are flying Delta to San Juan, and they had changed the flight time of the first flight home and changed the connecting flight to give us a 19 minute layover in Atlanta on the way home. When I called the rep and asked her in what world can you make a connection at Hartsfield in 19 minutes. She put me back on the flight that I booked, but I did loose my seats.

We are going out to Long Beach, CA from the Milwaukee area on Nov 7. We had one change earlier that was no big deal. We get an e-mail yesterday putting us on a flight that totally messed up planned things that afternoon. To top it all, they offered us a new return flight at 9:45 AM(!). Let's see, Splendor gets in at 9:00. Riiiiiiiiiiight! Our alternative was one much later in the day getting us home at 10:00 AM the following day!

To Delta: Never again! We are now on Southwest going into Los Angeles and using the money saved from bag checking for ground transportation to Long Beach. Our TA helped to point us in this direction.

Dan

As others have mentioned - all airlines shuffle flights. I have had very good results when calling Delta and getting changes that work. One time I booked a flight to Seattle and they had me connecting through Salt Lake with a departure that actually left before I arrived :eek: Usually I end up on better flights - that I didn't book originally because they were priced higher than I wanted to spend.

Go on line and find flights that work for you and then call and get them....

Good luck.

I avoid Delta whenever possible! They always seem to be changing something. Now that they and Northwest have merged, it's even more of a nightmare! When we flew out of Mn. in august to Reno, they had Northwest people at the Delta area totally confused and giving wrong info. I'm sure this will smooth out soon, but not good for the traveler at this time!

Pat:eek:

Last April we were flying NW out of MSP. Got to the airport and were dropped off at Delta! No matter, they took our "stuff", and we were on our way. Funny thing was, the flight crew were all wearing Delta uniforms.

As far as changing flight times, I expect no less than three more changes in our next NW flight to FLL, come April. Our only "saving grace" is that we are flying non-stop both ways.:rolleyes:

All airline change itineraries at will, and I've never had a problem getting things switched to an itinerary that works for me without fees or hassle.

Same here. We had about 8 changes before our flight (all were miniscule) and then when there was a big change on the return flight the email also gave us the option to book a direct flight home which we jumped on. All for $98 plus taxes return from Detroit-Miami on Delta/NWA.

I avoid Delta whenever possible! They always seem to be changing something. Now that they and Northwest have merged, it's even more of a nightmare! When we flew out of Mn. in august to Reno, they had Northwest people at the Delta area totally confused and giving wrong info. I'm sure this will smooth out soon, but not good for the traveler at this time!

Pat:eek:

We fly exclusively with Delta because we have so many frequent flier miles with them. Every now and again, there's a change, but they're easily rectified by calling Delta. Have never had any major problems with them.

While I have had a few nightmares flying Delta--a few yrs ago they told us twice once the evening we were supposed to arrive in Cinn and once the next morning they arranged to fly us out-- that they couldn't find a flight crew--yet have had a few problems on other airlines so am planning on flying them again in 3 wks. All airlines have their problems but they have always been very accomodating when flights have changed due to their schedules. The people on the phone really seem to care or are really versed in good customer service--either way they make me feel as if they care.

For my cruise in January, Delta changed my flights without notifying me sometime in the last couple weeks. Going out they had me changing planes 4 times and going all over the country, spending the whole day traveling. Virginia to Georgia to Texas to Utah to California.

Coming back they had me arriving 3 hours after my connecting flight had already left. Not sure how that was supposed to work.

I called them and they were very nice and responsive about correcting it. They switched everything so that I was back to leaving and arriving within minutes of my original reservation.

The problems we still encountered:

Because we called to have this corrected, it was considered a last minute change on our part, and the airline had us placed on the watch list. This meant we were automatically forced to go through the additional screening at the security checkpoints.

Also, when heading out, Delta gave a number of their reps the day off without having any replacements come in. The lines were so long, that even when you used the kiosks/internet to self check in it took over 90 minutes for them to take your checked bags. So we missed our flight even though they assured us the plane would still be at the gate. At least they gave us meal vouchers, flight vouchers, and placed us on an American flight so we got to our destination only slightly later than we originally planned. They handled it as if they had denied us boarding since they had created such a mess in the terminal.

i check my reservations daily also. too me it just is a nessacery routine of my day too make sure everthing is still on track. a unrealistic flight time change happened to me once with northwest. my flight out was changed to 8:30 am instead of 2pm on the day we got back into port :eek:. i called and got a afternoon flight out again but it was a real shock too see the new time when i checked my reservation. it worked out for me also that time, but this is why i always get into the port city the day before the cruise. you never know when unforseen things are going to happen and it so much better too be safe than sorry.

Dan

thanks for the plug for southwest....and your business! :)

Flight changes is why I never fly out day of cruise . . . . to stressful to worry about flight changes on a whim.

I travel for work frequently, many different airlines, these changes are the norm now and happen over all carriers. Unfortunate but true. Although, I've always had success changing my flights if the times that my flight were moved to didn't work for my schedule -- with all carriers. Now, I've just jinxed myself (hopefully not). But have been able to work with the changes.

We had 7 flight changes in 5 months last year with Delta. Some were minor but several were big - changing us from nonstops to connections and another time having our connecting flight departing before the first flight got there! One of their reps told me on the phone to check the reservation at least once a month when you book far in advance. They were very helpful each time I called at letting me switch to any other flight that worked better for me at no charge - including changing from flying out of Raleigh which we originally booked due to price back to flying from our home airport here in VA. The rep said they finalize the changes around 30 days out and will send out a change notification then but you may not have many other options by 30 days out in case the new schedule didn't work for you. That was why she suggested keeping on top of it more often and calling when there was a change you didn't like.

Archived