What do we do on St. Kitts?

stargate fan

I have read and reread the St. Kitts board. There are very few recent threads, so I come here to ask for advice.

We want to do an ATV tour, but the one through the ship appears to be sold out. (Or so I assume because it is not listed.) Does anyone know of a private company on St. Kitts that offers an ATV tour?

Has anyone experienced spots on shore excursions opening up after boarding the ship?

Thanks.

We need some good news. On Friday morning, we thought we were going to have to cancel the cruise, with only 10 days left to go. Now, it looks like we are actually going.

If you don't get on the ATV tour you wanted I would suggest you book something else. We planned to wing it and after some shopping took a boat to the "beach" which turned out to be a rocky beach with nasty sand and no facilities. We spent about 30 minutes there and then bargained with a cab driver for a short tour of the island. Had I to do it again I would have taken the "sugar cane train trip", or at least something to get a feel for the island.

When you get off the ship and walk to the port area, there will be loads of private tour operators waiting for you to arrive. Since it was raining and very windy the day we were there, we opted to take a tour of the island by taxi for $20 each.

Judy

Have you been to the St Kitts Port of Call board (located under the Caribbean folder)?

You'll find many suggestions there.

We did an island tour with Thenford Grey. Very interesting. I'm not into "action" excursions (other than the occasional snorkel or visiting stingrays), and since the Victory itinerary was a port every day, and all but St Thomas were new for me, I chose to do island tours in each one (and each was an independent tour - I don't do ship tours unless they are the only option).

Have you been to the St Kitts Port of Call board (located under the Caribbean folder)?

You'll find many suggestions there.

We did an island tour with Thenford Grey. Very interesting. I'm not into "action" excursions (other than the occasional snorkel or visiting stingrays), and since the Victory itinerary was a port every day, and all but St Thomas were new for me, I chose to do island tours in each one (and each was an independent tour - I don't do ship tours unless they are the only option).

I went to the St. Kitts board first. There are very few recent threads there.

Can you tell me a little more about Thenford Grey's tour?

I have read and reread the St. Kitts board. There are very few recent threads, so I come here to ask for advice.

We want to do an ATV tour, but the one through the ship appears to be sold out. (Or so I assume because it is not listed.) Does anyone know of a private company on St. Kitts that offers an ATV tour?

Has anyone experienced spots on shore excursions opening up after boarding the ship?

Thanks.

We need some good news. On Friday morning, we thought we were going to have to cancel the cruise, with only 10 days left to go. Now, it looks like we are actually going.

Try this http://www.spectrumatv.com/

from a search ("atv") on St. Kitts port of call board:

My DW and I did this tour on June 13th and had a good time. I booked it online for $75 pp plus a $6 processing fee. We were met at the port although they had a different name but said it was the same tour company as Jungle Bykes. There were 9 people in our bus, three others from the cruise ship and 4 people who were staying on the island.

The bus took us to a hillside where they had newer Kawasaki 250 ATV's lined up. Everyone had to wear helmets. After a brief circle around the field to make sure everyone knew how to ride the ATV, we rode off in a single file line with one guide at the front and another guide at the back of the line. We traveled along a road to a batik plantation / tourist shop. After a brief stop here, we went back along the road to a trail.

The trail was mostly flat with only a couple uphill/downhill sections. We stayed in second gear the whole time and the guide at the front stopped several places when the group got too spread out. No one was riding fast or acting like an idiot, so I would say it was a safe ride even for unexperienced riders.

We stopped at the top of a hill for a panaramic overlook and also stopped at the ruins of a sugar cane plantation to look around and take pictures. When we got back to the mini-bus, they had non-alcoholic punch and raisin bread for us to snack on before taking us back to the port. The whole tour was about three hours so it was just the right length for a morning adventure.

Googled "jungle bykes" and found:

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-quad-bike-tour.html

I was in St. Kitts for a couple months several years back. I can't remember the name of the bar, but any cabbie will know it. It's down on the beach looking across to Nevis. It's known for it's monkeys! But be careful, those little buggers will drink your drink! The beach there was nice, as I recall. They also had a big pig that was lazily laying around and friendly. They also have a fort that has amazing views. Have fun and if you get a chance, have a roti for me for lunch.

I was in St. Kitts for a couple months several years back. I can't remember the name of the bar, but any cabbie will know it. It's down on the beach looking across to Nevis. It's known for it's monkeys! But be careful, those little buggers will drink your drink! The beach there was nice, as I recall. They also had a big pig that was lazily laying around and friendly. They also have a fort that has amazing views. Have fun and if you get a chance, have a roti for me for lunch.

that would be cockleshell beach with wilbur the pig. i've been doing some research for our upcoming cruise and i think this is what we're going to do.:)

Cockelshell/Reggae beach is a lot of fun - yep, with Wilbur the pig! We were in St Kitts this past Jan. Did the tour with Thenford Grey - of 12 cruises and excursions - he was one of the best. Nice clean small bus/van. He is very knowledgeable, we toured the fort, Caribeele Batik some gardens, lots of stops along the way - and a stop at the beach - was our favorite port of the cruise (did a 14 day on the Grand Princess).

Archived