Wind: Sailing #2026 -- 11 Aug 2010

njguy_south

• 4 weeks later...

I receive my airfare information! BritishAir to Nice and US Airways from Venice. I was very happy with the service SS provided in this, especially considering the cost of flights this coming summer.

I will be staying 2 nights in Monte Carlo before the cruise.

• 1 month later...

My airfare has been booked (through Silversea -- BA to Nice and USAirways non-stop Venice to Philadelphia, home). I also booked the hotel, but on my own. I booked at the Novotel in Monte Carlo for only $198 per night, B&B. A real bargain!

Anyone else yet booked?

We'll be right behind you -- embarking The Wind in Venice on August 20 (Voyage 2027). We'll probably do a little exploring of Venice "after dark" once we get checked in. Perhaps we can meet up if you guys are staying on for a day or so.

Francine

• 4 weeks later...

We are arriving a day early for that cruise and staying an extra day in Venice. In Livorno we are thinking about getting a car and driver and going to Florence for the day. This is our fifth cruise on Silversea and have enjoyed each one!

• 1 month later...

Hi, Mrtyrryl. Where from? New Jersey here, not far from Atlantic City. We, too, will be in Monte Carlo early (Aug. 9 & 10), for two nights, staying at the Novotel. Really looking forward to two relaxing days before the cruise. Our travel agent is giving us a free 1/2 day with private driver in Sorrento.

In Livorno we are thinking of renting a car and visiting several wineries. Have been to Florence many times, although I would go again if it was closer. My mother has difficulty walking, so I push her all around with her light-weight chair. (It is so easy to turn and stear with only one hand.) Rome: Thinking of staying nearer to port, possibly seeing Ostia. Note that the Vatican Museums will be closed the day we are in port, in celebration of the Feast of the Assumption (Aug 15th) the next day. I even double checked this with the Vatican. (Odd that an Italian cruise company would have a port day in Rome, when the Vatican Museums are closed.)

We may have a private driver in Sicily. (Want to share?) Venice will be two days of private boat tours (day and evening). We are not staying an extra day in Venice.

I would really love LOVE to stay on board for the next leg (Venice to Athens). In fact, my district superintendant will be on that leg. I Soooooo want to do that leg, too.

We already heard about our air: British Air (US to Nice via Heathrow) going; USAirways (Venice to Phila. non-stop) home.

Hello Back Niguy South, we are from R I now living in Southern Va. I handled our air-NOnstop on Delta - Kennedy to Nice and back Venise to Kennedy. We are taking extra day in Monte Carlo and Venice. My wife has issues with walking so we do take a lot of private excursions. WE have been to Rome before but I know my wife will want to go to the city again--Shopping!!. Venice is another repeat port for us. We want to spend the day in Florence. Please Email me at Mrterryl@aol.com so we can compare and discuss getting to gether for some of the ports!!

Archived