Hotel ideas in tampa??!!??

Dana Deem

Will you give me some ideas where to stay a couple nights close to the Tampa cruise teminal. Maybe some with FREE shuttle from airport OR are there any with FREE shuttle to the cruise terminal. I do know that free shuttle can be a REAL hassle. I am hoping some of you have some insite for us. We'll be needing 4 rooms & maybe within walking distance of places to eat or sightsee. All input will be greatly appreciated! THANKS ahead of time for taking the time to share your experience with me.

Will you give me some ideas where to stay a couple nights close to the Tampa cruise teminal. Maybe some with FREE shuttle from airport OR are there any with FREE shuttle to the cruise terminal. I do know that free shuttle can be a REAL hassle. I am hoping some of you have some insite for us. We'll be needing 4 rooms & maybe within walking distance of places to eat or sightsee. All input will be greatly appreciated! THANKS ahead of time for taking the time to share your experience with me.

Try this link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=45

We have used the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown when we drove to Tampa. They offered free transportation to and from the port as well as local transportation within a certain radius -- don't remember what it was. They also offered week long parking cheaper than at the cruise terminal.

We stayed at the Howard Johnson Downtown Tampa last October and it was great.. free shuttle from the Airport and to the port.. also free shuttle within a 2 or 3 mile radius of the hotel.. great pool and nice clean rooms.. they have a nice restaurant and bar downstairs as well.. we got a great rate of $79 per night..;)

There are a couple of hotels at the aiport but I'm not sure if they offer shuttles to the cruise terminal. I used to live in Tampa fairly clost to the airport so I was able to drive myself to the terminal If you stay there International Plaza is right there which is a mall and has quite of few restaurants. There is also some hotels on Westshore which is close to the airport. Try this link it lists some of the hotels in the area. http://www.tampagov.net/dept_Convention_Center/information_resources/E_Guest_Services/Files/D_Hotels_Near_Convention_Center.asp

We stayed at the Howard Johnson Downtown Tampa last October and it was great.. free shuttle from the Airport and to the port.. also free shuttle within a 2 or 3 mile radius of the hotel.. great pool and nice clean rooms.. they have a nice restaurant and bar downstairs as well.. we got a great rate of $79 per night..;)

We are staying here as well. It looks pretty nice on the website for the price. $99 per night with parking and shuttle.

I was just in Tampa week before last at a conference at the Marriott Waterside. Right outside the main lobby door is the trolley that will take you to the terminal, about a 3 minute trip. We were taking the trolley to the Aquarium and saw that it was right next to the terminal. That would be one option if the hotel had cheaper parking. We took the Supershuttle from the airport to the hotel if you are flying. Don't know about prices since I wasn't paying for anything (was there on business) but it sure would be convenient.

If you need four rooms, you may want to consider the Rocky Point area..! I've seen suites going for under $100.00 with FREE airport and port shuttle..:) You may also be able to 'bribe' the shuttle driver to take you into Tampa on occasion!!:rolleyes::p

The Waterside and Embassy will be quite expensive roomwise, and they don't offer FREE shuttles either way! ;) HoJo, or any hotel on the Trolley line may be good, if you can secure good pricing..!

Try this link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=45

We have used the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown when we drove to Tampa. They offered free transportation to and from the port as well as local transportation within a certain radius -- don't remember what it was. They also offered week long parking cheaper than at the cruise terminal.

Ditto. Had great customer service as my DS, then 3, left one of his "buddies" in the room. Went to the front desk and they found him in minutes.:D

The Marriott Waterside/Channelside is a very nice hotel, great location. We live nearby in Clearwater and go over to the hotel marina for Dragonboat practice. The hotel is lovely. It's within walking distance (nice landscaped riverwalkway) to Channelside and the Aquarium. Or as a previous poster said, take the trolley.

The terminal for Carnival is right in between Channelside and the Aquarium. After practice we like to walk to Channelside for a movie, food and watch the muster drill and sailaway.

Stayed at Hyatt Place on our Inspiration cruise last month. They have a shuttle to take you to airport, mall, and also have a package that includes shuttle to port.

I had bid priceline and got it for $48 + fees they also let us on the shuttle to the port since they were going anyway.

I just bid again for our January Legend cruise and got them again for $47 + fees

clean, large room excellent staff good continental breakfast included.

pjnc

We stayed at Embassy Suites Downtown. Was a bit higher in price (we pd $139 per night + parking in April) but you get a suite with full breakfast and managers reception each evening with snacks and free cocktails. I think they did have a cruise and park package but we did want that option so not sure of the difference in the rate. It was just blocks from Channelside and the terminals, you could see the fin of Carnival Ships when in port from the hotel. Trolley/Streetcar stop right in front hotel so easy/cheap (streetcar $5 all day pass) to get around.

We stayed at Embassy Suites Downtown. Was a bit higher in price (we pd $139 per night + parking in April) but you get a suite with full breakfast and managers reception each evening with snacks and free cocktails. I think they did have a cruise and park package but we did want that option so not sure of the difference in the rate. It was just blocks from Channelside and the terminals, you could see the fin of Carnival Ships when in port from the hotel. Trolley/Streetcar stop right in front hotel so easy/cheap (streetcar $5 all day pass) to get around.

Just curious how were you able to get this price ? I'm finding it 200 bucks plus .

Thanks .

Hi guys! Here's the deal. http://www.visittampabay.com/docs/HOTEL%20CRUISE%20OFFERS.pdf

This is the convention and visitors bureau site with lots of examples. and descent prices. But for the best prices, go to Price Line and request 4 rooms for$50 at 4 star hotels in the downtown, Rocky Point and west shore neighborhoods. The are no bad 4 stars and those neighborhoods are all fine. You price will be much lower the the package price, with a much better rate! Even with transfers built in. you get a much better price. Among the possible hotels you will get are the Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt, Intercontinental and Renaissance. Lots of luck and save some money

Worse comes to worse, let me know and Ill drive you there.:D

Just curious how were you able to get this price ? I'm finding it 200 bucks plus .

Thanks .

I booked it about 10 months in advance directly on the embassy suites website. When I booked they were either newly opened or may have not even been opened for business yet. It was Easter weekend and everything else was $250+ but we booked at $139.00 Saturday and Sunday nights before our cruise on Grandeur of the Seas on 04/13/2009 (Monday).

I booked it about 10 months in advance directly on the embassy suites website. When I booked they were either newly opened or may have not even been opened for business yet. It was Easter weekend and everything else was $250+ but we booked at $139.00 Saturday and Sunday nights before our cruise on Grandeur of the Seas on 04/13/2009 (Monday).

We paid around $160 last October at the Embassy Suites. It is a really nice hotel and close to the port. The street car stop is also right in front of the hotel and it'll take you into Ybor. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back so I wanted to post the review of our hotel. Howard Johnson Plaza. Rate was $99 for 1 night, parking, and shuttle both ways. It also included free shuttle to anywhere within 3 miles. This was nice to use to go hang out at ChannelSide for the evening. Room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. Bar was nice. Breakfast was not included and the buffet was way overpriced. Overall I will give it a B+ and I would stay there again.

On 10/3 we stayed at the Hyatt Regency downtown. It was $50 bidding on Priceline which was a bargain. Flat taxi rate from the aiport to anywhere downtown is $15 for up to 4 people. The hotel had a shuttle to the port for $3 a person. It was a 15 minute walk to the Channelside/port area which we did for dinner pre-cruise. There is a trolley stop 2 blocks away also that can take you to Ybor or other downtown areas. We had a great experience at this hotel.

Good luck!

Jay

Stayed at Hyatt Place on our Inspiration cruise last month. They have a shuttle to take you to airport, mall, and also have a package that includes shuttle to port.

I had bid priceline and got it for $48 + fees they also let us on the shuttle to the port since they were going anyway.

I just bid again for our January Legend cruise and got them again for $47 + fees

clean, large room excellent staff good continental breakfast included.

pjnc

I'm new to Priceline. Can you tell me what criteria you entered to get the Hyatt Place? Did the hotel have airport shuttles?

Thank you for your help!

Gina

Archived