Good Eating Places in Alaska

gridswaldtravlers

Hey Cruise Experts,

My family would like to eat some great seafood in the following cities. Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan what would you suggest? And one of the family members doesn't eat seafood, so what would you suggest? So they can all get what they want. They mostly want great Alaskan King Crab.

Thanks for any help you can offer

From what I hear, Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau. Haven't been there yet, but its on my itinerary for June of 2010!!! very near the cruise ship docks downtown, a little shack with outside seating, nothing fancy I'm told, but BEST king crab legs ever! Check out their website (do a google search) and they show pictures. Yum!;)

I have to agree with Tracy's. We went there last June and the crab was fantastic!! Yes, its a shack with paper plates, styrofoam cups, plastic forks, picnic tables, and if you get messy picking the crab you don't mind a bit, cuz everyone else is doing the same thing. Next time I go, and I will go again...sigh...it will be on my list of "must do's". Oh, the crab bisque is so good my mouth is watering just thinking about it...darn....why does Alaska have to be so far away?

There was a little place in Ketchikan that had crab meat, already out of the shells and ready to eat. It was called an appetizer but was 1 lb. of meat. $14.95. SOOOO good. I pigged out. Had no idea it would be so much meat considering it was an appetizer. It was by far the best deal on seafood I found.

Will get the name of it off the pamphlet to you.

Another vote for Tracy's King Crab Shack in Juneau. It's not fancy - ate outdoors at a picnic table under a tented area.

There's a couple of other booths nearby for the non-seafood eater. My daughter had a strawberry and nutella crepe but the rest of us ate at Tracy's.

Another vote for Tracy's King Crab Shack in Juneau. It's not fancy - ate outdoors at a picnic table under a tented area.

There's a couple of other booths nearby for the non-seafood eater. My daughter had a strawberry and nutella crepe but the rest of us ate at Tracy's.

THere's also a place right next to Tracy's that had either reindeer sausage or hot dogs, can't remember which.

In Ketchikan a little place (walkup counter by the Lumberjack show) the best halibut & chips. Skagway (by the pier) Skagway Fish Company crab legs. And of course in Juneau the Alaskan Fudge Company ( yummy brought back 6lbs) :p

YES, according to the sign as you enter Ketchikan....OF THE WORLD

That would surely mean something to someone that likes Salmon...Not everyone does....We'll stick with the Halibut....:rolleyes: Not going to eat Raindeer either..... :eek: I want to make sure Santa Claus has them all to pull his sleigh.....:D

Great fresh seafood.Just be aware that King Crab Legs are just as expensive in Alaska as they are in the lower 48.Catching them is dangerous and they also will not be fresh as crab sesaon is in the winter.That said they are truly scumptous and what can be better them eating them in Alaska.

On our last trip to Alaska (2000), my huibby and I ate somewhere in Skagway. He had a musk ox burger, I had halibut, and both were great.

Can anyone who's cruised Alaska recently tell me if you can still get a musk ox burger someplace? I've seen mention on elk steaks and reindeer sausage (sounds interesting...) but nothing on musk ox.

thanks

Archived