Typical NCL pricing? (For Pride/Hawaii)

EricaLovesCats

Hi,

Family and I are looking at Hawaii cruises for winter 2011. I've only cruised Carnival in the past because they were cheaper, but what I like about NCL/Hawaii is they are the only one who cruises Hawaii to Hawaii, verses Vancouver or Mexico...but you knew that already...anyway, I saw that cruises for THIS December (2009) are only $599-$799 (inside cabins) but for 2010 and 2011 they are $999 for the cheapest inside. Is it normal for NCL to drop their prices as time gets closer? Or do you guys know if this will be the new winter price for now on (due to cruise ship economy, etc).

Thanks

We booked in Dec 2008 for Hawaii cruise 10/2010. When we booked the pricing was double what it is today and we have just been watching for price reductions along the way and then calling NCL to adjust. We book early in order to get certain cabin.

Having said that If your looking at inside cabin then you can wait till closer in or do the above.

Thanks! So NCL is pretty good at honoring price adjustments then? Because once on Carnival the price went down $50 and I called to get it adjusted...the guy laughed and said he couldn't do that...:mad:
Inside of the final payment date NCL will not adjust the price.

Hi,

....anyway, I saw that cruises for THIS December (2009) are only $599-$799 (inside cabins) but for 2010 and 2011 they are $999 for the cheapest inside.

$599-799 is a nice rate for this cruise. It typically is 899 and above from what I've seen. When they had 3 ships in the Hawaii, there were some incredible deals, but once they went to one ship it seems to be in the $900 range.

We are booked on PofA for November. In May I found a balcony (stern, no less) for $899 pp. (that was w/Latitudes and regional discount). Our original cabin ocean view was $799 but when we found we could get a balcony for $100 more we grabbed it. Final payment date has long passed and the price is still $300 more than what we got it for.

Others on our roll call had booked the balcony for $1200 I think and when they saw the price drop they grabbed it, too. So, yes, they will honor price reductions before final payment is due.

Hmm this is where I go wrong then...cause I always pay in full when I book!

Thanks everyone!

Actually, you're still OK. It probably have said that it's difficult to get adjustments after the final payment DATE (that is shown on your statement when you book).

I know many prefer the aft cabins, or another cabin, and book early to get those cabins. Then they watch the price drops up until the final payment date and get their price reduced when the price drops.

On the other hand there are those of us who book four to six weeks out from a cruise and book at usually a lower price without a cabin preference. I suggest the later course if you have no preference of which cabin, in my opinion there is far less hassle....

Archived