Is couch sofa bed comfortable on Westerdam

lillulu

I have a question. Has anyone ever slept on the couch sofa bed on the Westerdam in a VF? Is it comfortable for an adult?

TIA

I slept on one for week and it was ok..I did ask for an egg crate to give it a little more cushion. During the day a few times I napped on my sister's bed and then tried to convince her that we should take turns. HALS beds are heavenly. But I would sleep on the floor it that was the only way I could get on a cruise ship..

Lets start off by saying that there is not a sofabed made that will compare with a regular bed.

Are they tolerable? Yes for a short period of time.

Generally when we cruise I spend a lot of time on them after the first port, where I take away Ruth's credit cards, her cash, and her check book...... These tasks are necessary for financial survival on my part.....

Have a great cruise.

PS

I am allowed back in bed when she cgets her credit cards back and we agree to a maximum limit ( which she never honors)

Jim (without Ruth)

My husband has slept on the sofa bed on the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam and said both were extremely comfortable. No complaints at all.

Thanks Bebob. I appreciate it. glad to hear. If a man says it is comfortable it must me right :p

Generally when we cruise I spend a lot of time on them after the first port, where I take away Ruth's credit cards, her cash, and her check book...... These tasks are necessary for financial survival on my part.....

Have a great cruise.

PS

I am allowed back in bed when she cgets her credit cards back and we agree to a maximum limit ( which she never honors)

Jim (without Ruth)

LOL Jim. Atleast you don't have to stay on the couch too long. :D

Thanks for the information. I was just worried it would not be comfortable.

My daughter always gets the sofa bed (or on some lines the berth) -since we paid her way-and she is younger than us-she can deal with it.

Now if 3 friends shared, perhaps you could draw straws, and the third person who gets the sofa, would pay the third person rate. that would be fair.

I must say I admire the husband who took the sofa and allowed his child or a friend to have the bed-that was awfully decent of him.

I did LOVE the bedding on the Westerdam-and I did try out the sofa to see the difference-the bed was like a cloud-the sofa-not so good-not terrible-but the bed was MUCH better,as the bed was extremely comfortable.

Archived