visa needed

my wife and i (both us citizen) will take a new england and canada cruise. will we need a visa ? please respond quick , we are traveling next week

thanks

martin

It depends on the cruise. If you return to the same place you started, the US rules do not require you to carry a passport, merely proof of citizenship.

if the cruise ends in a foreign port, you will require a passport to re-enter the USA, and will likely be denied boarding in the 1st place as you are not in possession of documentation to return home.

A USA Citizen does not need a visa specifically to enter canada, but as I mentioned, you will require a valid passport as you will need that to re-enter the USA.

my wife and i (both us citizen) will take a new england and canada cruise. will we need a visa ? please respond quick , we are traveling next week

thanks

martin

As you are American citizens a visa is not required for Canada. Also as American citizens you do not require a passport to re-enter the US by land or sea but must carry an WHYI compliant document such as a passport card, Nexus card or enhanced drivers license, however if something unfortunate should happen to you while in Canada a passport would be required to fly home so it is the document of choice. See attached link. link

Archived