charging for cupcakes on Oasis?

still think it is not good to charge for a cupcake

i can go get a cookie or cake for free

why pay for a cupcake

still crazy to pay for all these extras

i will look but wil not pay a high fee for a cupcake

get real people

It's called FREEDOM OF CHOICE AUNTIE!

YOU STILL NEED TO GET REAL FIRST!!!!!!!!

How can YOU have ANY FUN ON ANY CRUISE YOU GO ON?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That BLACK CLOUD over your head has to be a big dampener on you and everyone in your party!

First, I comletely understand the OP's opinion and wish people would stop jumping all over people because they express one.

Someone has carmel/chocolate/decorated covered apples and I think it is Princess and they charge for them so I am not surprised that RCI will charge for fancy cupcakes. If they are made on the ship I doubt I will try them as most cruise line deserts (regardless of the line) look beautiful but 90% of the time do not taste as good as they look. It alwasy seems to be the simple cookie or soft ice cream/yogurt that are the best unless we are talking baked alaska on Princess where they use marshmallow for the topping.

We were in NY and finally went to Magnolias. My mother liked her carrot cupcake and my chocolate with vanilla buttercream frosting was dry and disappointing. However, the magic bars were EXCELLENT. For my money I will wait till I get home to have a cupcake from my favorite bakery Christines or Chef Leslies.

But hold on you could put a picture of a Gin and Tonic here and ask the same question, some people would say Yes and others No, but NOBODY is forcing ANYONE to buy either, so what is all the fuss about.:D

These are worth at least $6 a piece :eek:;):p

But hold on you could put a picture of a Gin and Tonic here and ask the same question, some people would say Yes and others No, but NOBODY is forcing ANYONE to buy either, so what is all the fuss about.:D

There is no fuss from me. That picture was a joke...those are plain old cupcakes...not the fancy ones they are going to sell. They can sell them or not sell them and they can name their price. I don't care what they do and that is the end of this thread for me. Enjoy your cupcakes :D

Well, if this cupcake thingy wounds up a bust (which I doubt) RCI will know soon enough. Then they could turn it into a fancy popcorn outlet. :)

OK, one more post.....if they did I would be there in about 1 second with my card in hand...one persons cupcake is another persons fancy popcorn...:D

Now I am really leaving ;)

Why do you need to be sorry???????????

It was quite humorous given the cantankerous nature of the "holier than thou attitude" this thread has!

Who is being "holier than thou"? The folks who can't wait to try one of the fancy cupcakes (such as myself) or the ones who find the very notion ridiculous?

By the way, I did find the photo of the tray of wilted cupcakes funny.:D

OK, one more post.....if they did I would be there in about 1 second with my card in hand...one persons cupcake is another persons fancy popcorn...:D

Now I am really leaving ;)

Cannot believe I wasted 10 min. of my life reading 5 pages about cup cake costs.

Really? It's quite simple, don't pay for anything you don't want to.

I am really leaving too!!

I love to bake and want to own a bakery one day, so, not only will I pay for the decorating classes, I will probably pay for multiple cupcakes. That is what makes cruising such a great vacation. They don't cater to only one group of peoples interest.

Those places in New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Austin actually charge for their specialty items! OMG, the next thing you know, RCCL will be charging for those tacky mugs and tee shirts in all the shops.

Cupcakers, lighten up. Enjoy the cruise and if you don't want to pay for a specialty item like a cupcake, just don't buy one. That will show them and they will convert the space to a mug and tee shirt store.

Just found these on facebook from RCCL.:) I would definitely pay for these.

I might be wrong but I believe these are the cupcakes they are talking about paying for.They really are a work of art.I dont want to purchase one but look forward to looking at them.As a florist I can see the work that goes into them.I fully suspect you will be able to have a 6 for 99cent cupcake for free.

Who is being "holier than thou"? The folks who can't wait to try one of the fancy cupcakes (such as myself) or the ones who find the very notion ridiculous?

By the way, I did find the photo of the tray of wilted cupcakes funny.:D

The ones who keep whining and crying over this and any other "for pay" subject. Like they are being cheated out of something. You are ON VACATION YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN!!!!! How can you have any fun if you are complaining about pay cupcakes or pay dinners or pay roller coaster rides, etc. These are all things they did not have before so how can you feel cheated?

Anyone who is just out to have a good time and limits complaints to something worth complaining about (ie ship sank, cruise cut short no refund or other major problem) can not be "holier than thou."

Pay for them if you want one quit whining.

People on carnival pay 18 bucks for a drink in a coconut monkeyhead and guess what they sell a ton of them anyway so people like you dont make a difference to them quit being a tightwad and spend a buck or two on the cruise or better yet sneak a cupcake on with you in your underwear and eat it at the cupcake shop!

Archived