Car rental Orlando to Port

We just booked a car rental for our Mariner sailing in April. We arrive Friday and will pick up the car (midsize) in Orlando and return it to the Avis Cape Canaveral rental office on Sunday morning for $58.. We also reseved a car to pick up after the cruise and take ourselves back to the Airport on Sunday for $54 total( don't get a weekend rate). It allows us flexability on the weekend and is cheaper than getting a limo for four of us. Avis does off a free shuttle to and from the terminal to their location three miles away. My husband drops us and the luggage off and goes back to return the car, it worked great for us in Fort Lauderdale and we had a car to use while we were there.

PS... I did get a discount on the rental with my BJ's membership, probably 15%

I am wondering how posters felt about their car rental experiences from the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral.

If you rented your car from a company that has an on-airport facility, was it a reasonably easy, pleasant experience?

If you used an off airport site, did you find that to be a quick and pleasant experience.

Has anyone tried both??

I have been looking at Daves site (below) but would like to hear your experiences as well.

http://www.dcltribute.com/carhire/

We are arriving the day before our cruise and staying at the Raddison. We are trying to decide whether to take Art's shuttle again, which is a great, fast, easy transportation service or whether to rent a car, which would give us a lot more freedom once we arrive in the Port Canaveral area.

It sounds like returning the car and getting to the pier is equally easy with any one of the rental companies. We leave this Friday so I had better make my decision soon or I won't have any options left!!!

Dont have your husband drop off you and the luggage. Avis has a shuttle that will take all of you and the luggage to the port free of charge. They will also pick you up after the cruise and take you back to their office. It works great. We have done this three times at Port Canaveral and it is wonderful!!!

Sorry. Reread your post after posting this and saw you know about the shuttle. I like it this way but others have sometimes better ways.

Tim

Rented from Budget this past October and all worked great. They are onsite at Orlando. We stayed at the Radisson in PC and the Budget office is a few blocks walking from the hotel. We used the hotel shuttle to get us to the port. For the return, the Budget shuttle was waiting when we disembarked. The only negative was the line getting the car at the airport. Drop offs took less than 5 minutes.

Archived