Livorno port

mondas42

Hi all

Does anyone know if RCI offer a bus from the port to the train station or somewhere in town. I understand you are no longer able to walk from the port to the entrance to catch a taxi, and that the taxis at the port only want to take you on tours. We want to go to Pisa by train rather that pay for an expensive trip.

Oh and how much is the shuttle bus if there is one

Thanks

Martin

Hi all

Does anyone know if RCI offer a bus from the port to the train station or somewhere in town. I understand you are no longer able to walk from the port to the entrance to catch a taxi, and that the taxis at the port only want to take you on tours. We want to go to Pisa by train rather that pay for an expensive trip.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin. Here's a link I found in the Ports Board under Europe, Italy posted by GPSLover. http://www.ftroute.com/ItalianTrains.htm

Check his directions for Florence first as that's where he discusses getting to the train station, complete with maps. Then he has the cost and schedule for trains to Pisa.

Bob

Bob that is a terrific Web Site, my husband & I are highly considering doing a TA on the Navigator from Rome, fall of 2011, and that is helpful information. We probably will go ships Transfers as it will be our first trip to Euope and might want to rely on those that know how to get us around. :). I am not sure we would wish to be dragging 4 pieces around via a Train.

hi

You are right the taxis will only take you on full day tours, The shuttle bus is approx $5 to the town. We was there in july, we then got the bus from the town centre to pisa $15 return they run every 30 min.

Have fun:)

Hi all

Thanks

Martin

I believe it is $8pp to the town square, and from there you catch the #1 bus to the station (buy tickets at the news stand first for €1) and there are frequent trains to Pisa. My personal favourite is Lucca. You can do both towns in the day if you go straight to Lucca,changing at Pisa, have lunch and ride bikes along the walls and then back to Pisa, catch a bus to see the tower and take the obligatory photo. After leaving the main exit of Pisa Centrale station, stop at the tourist office on the left for a free town map. The tower is a half-hour walk north. Alternately, three buses, the Navetta A, #3, and #4, run approximately every 10 minutes and drop off passengers in front of the Field of Miracles, a piazza that's home to the tower, as well as to the Duomo and the Baptistry (both of which also tilt, but less obviously). Watch your bags on these busses as they are a mecca for thieves. Hope this helps.

what I found worked to get a taxi to the train stations was to be off the ship as early as possible. Yes, they all want to do day tours, but at 7:00 they can take you to the station and be back for the bulk of the passengers.

We were in Livorno August. You are not allowed to walk out of the port but there were lots of taxis waiting. We took taxi straight from ship to train station cost 22 euros for 7 as we teamed up with others doing the same. Taxis did try to talk us into having tour with them. Just tell them you are meeting up with friends at station. went to florence and stopped at pisa on the way back. Do not listen to RCI STAFF AS THE WILL NOT HELP YOU IN ANY WAY IF YOU TRY AND DO THINGS OTHER THAN THEIR TOURS. Enjoy you self and dont be scarred to try things by youself

Archived