onboard credit for Stockholders

FrankR

FrankR, I am about to that myself. This will be our first time. I was told by my TA to call HAL at 206-298-3059 and they could tell me exactly what I need to fax in to them. I was just waiting for my Ameritrade to cycle show January 1st statement and I would print that to fax to them with my booking number. Hopefully someone can respond who has done it very recently and tell us exactly what to do.

Thanks,

I did that just 4 days ago for our March 19th cruise. Have not heard back from HAL or the TA as of yet. I believe the number you were given Laffn is the fax number. Hoping the credit will be granted as we meet the criteria.:cool:

I faxed a statement (from my stockbroker) showing that I own 100 shares of CCL. She then faxed it in to Holland America. The credit shows up on your on-board credit card statement. I bring a copy of the stock statement on the cruise just in case it is not credited...but it always has been applied.

The CCL stock has been a wonderful investment. Just go to the net and print out their growth chart for the last 6 months. It was a win-win purchase. I got shipboard credit on 3 cruises last year & the stock went up in value.

I did that just 4 days ago for our March 19th cruise. Have not heard back from HAL or the TA as of yet. I believe the number you were given Laffn is the fax number. Hoping the credit will be granted as we meet the criteria.:cool:

I think you are right it is the fax number:o I was told by my TA to fax my statement from my stock brokerage account showing proof of owning 100 shares with my booking number and cabin number and date of cruise. I guess I should try doing that tomorrow. Especially since I should be getting my Docs in about 4 to 5 weeks.

Little Feet, I have to assume the credit was in your documents so it would definetly show up on your on board account. The stock ownership statement will not get you the credit once you board. What you need is a confirmation from HAL showing the credit applied to your cruise.

I had some problems once, but to make a long story short, the credit was not in my documents. I had Hal fax me the confirmation, but was assured it was applied. When we got on board, we checked. It was NOT applied but we had the confirmation from Hal. They had to verify everything with Seattle and we were notified that night that all was well.

But how much is the credit? Little Feet, thanks for the info ... I'm sure it's a great stock, but probably greater if we'd bought it several years back:D . Still, I want to look into it.

And if the credit is something that's understood, why is it sometimes denied? Is there some specific criteria to get the credit?

Thanks.

I believe the credit varies depending upon the length of the cruise. Not sure of the figures, but the credit is less for a 7 day cruise than for a 14 day cruise. I was also told that if you had already received another shipboard credit or a "bargain" price on the cruise you wouldn't be entitled to the shipboard credit for investors also.:cool:

I believe the credit varies depending upon the length of the cruise. Not sure of the figures, but the credit is less for a 7 day cruise than for a 14 day cruise. I was also told that if you had already received another shipboard credit or a "bargain" price on the cruise you wouldn't be entitled to the shipboard credit for investors also.:cool:
localady, you said that you just applied for your stock credit for your upcoming March cruise. Are you getting any other ship board credit? We are getting a Mariner ship board credit so I am hoping we will not be denied the additional credit.

What is crazy is the shipboard credit can only be used on their ship which means you will spend more money on their ship, it sounds like a Win-Win for them so would not know why they would not want to give the credit.

I cannot locate my CCL Annual Stockholders book but I posted this on another thread.

CCL will give you an on board credit for owning 100 shares of stock. I have received this stock on board credit many times.

The annual report states "not combinable with any other shipboard credit. Employees, T/A's and anyone traveling on a reduced-rate are not eligible."

I have no idea what reduced-rate means but most people receive the credit.

On my last cruise I did not receive the credit. We had an incredible last minute rate and Hal did not allow for the stock credit.

I think I have only heard of this happening only one other time to someone on these boards.

Local Lady is correct. The amount various depending on the lengh of the cruise, 14+ is 250. I can't be sure without checking but 7 days might be 100 and 10 days 150.

localady, you said that you just applied for your stock credit for your upcoming March cruise. Are you getting any other ship board credit? We are getting a Mariner ship board credit so I am hoping we will not be denied the additional credit.

What is crazy is the shipboard credit can only be used on their ship which means you will spend more money on their ship, it sounds like a Win-Win for them so would not know why they would not want to give the credit.

Lisa-

On our next 2 cruises we have received no other shipboard credits and I hope we will receive the credits. I am really hoping we can get the credit for our 14 day cruise, as the credit (I think) is 250$! I do not expect we will be able to get the credit on our Veendam cruise, as we have already received a Shipboard credit on that cruise. I will let you know how it comes out!:cool:

The stock we are talking about here is CCL (Carnival) stock. I believe that an investor with 100 shares could apply for a shipboard credit from any of the companies owned by CCL including HAL, Princess, Carnival, Costa, Windstar and others. Hope this helps!:cool:

do all the cruise lines do that credit or just some?
CCL and RCL have this perk for stock holders. RCL also requires 100 shares. All cruise lines owned by CCL and RCL honor the credit. I do not know what the amounts are for RCL but someone on the RCL or Celebrity board can probably answer, but I think they are about the same as CCL.

The amount we have received for stockholder credit is $100.00 per cruise. On our last (B to B) we got the $100.00 on each cruise plus a shipboard credit from a "Promo" (can't remember the number) of $50.00 per person, and we got it on both cruises. Not all of the Promos will work with a stockholders credit but this last one did. Our travel agent arranged for it and they did give it to us. Helped a lot to have a total of $400.00 credit on the B to B (14 days total).

Shareholder Benefit

You must have at least 100 shares of CCL Stock. This benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2005. Reservations must be made by Feb. 28, 2005. (This comes up at the CCL Board meeting and has been passed every year so far.) The next report should be out by March.

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer ---- $250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 14 days --------- $100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings 6 days or less ----------- $ 50

Hope this helps. RC also has the same plan.

Penny

We have been using the stockholder benefit for about 5 years now. It is no trouble to get. We send a copy of our stockbroker report to the travel agent who then sends it on in the HAL. We've gotten everything from $100 up. The last cruise was $250 and they simply credited our account with it and used it for anything we purchased or for tips. As was said previously, you do need to have at least 100 shares.

Georgia

Well, I faxed over a cover letter stated my booking number, cabin number, ship and date of cruise with our most recent stock statement showing our 100 shares of CCL. I guess I will give them a few days to see if I hear from them. I gave them my fax number and office number to reach me.

We are already getting a $50.00 pp ship board credit for being Mariners, so I guess we will see what happens. Wish me luck:o

what qualifies one for the "Mariners" shipboard credit and how do you get it? Is it automatic ?

We are Mariners and will be on our 3rd HAL cruise next month

( 2/26 Zuiderdam Eastern ). Nothing about a credit in our docs.

thanks

Anyone know where I can find "official" information about the stockholder credit?

I have some questions:

1) Are Canadians eligible for this shipboard credit?

2) How long do you have to have the stock before you can have the credit?

(ie we're leaving in 17 days- can we purchase it today, and still get the credit for our upcoming cruise?)

3) Can you purchase the stock in an RRSP account? (retirement savings plan)

Thanks!

Anyone know where I can find "official" information about the stockholder credit?

I have some questions:

(ie we're leaving in 17 days- can we purchase it today, and still get the credit for our upcoming cruise?)

Thanks!

I don't see why not.

There is no minimun time required. You just need to get the paper work from your broker and get the proof of ownership to Hal.

Not sure was RRSP is , but if you own it, you qualify.

If you decide to purchase the stock, make sure you get a written confirmation from Hal that the credit is applied to your cabin. You can get Hal to fax this to you or your TA. Make a copy and take both with you.

When you board, go to the front desk and check to see if it has been applied to your account. If not, give them the fax from Hal. They will keep it and get back to you either that night or the following day.

The reason for the copy of the fax is to have a spare in case it somehow gets lost.

We have been using the stockholder benefit for about 5 years now. It is no trouble to get. We send a copy of our stockbroker report to the travel agent who then sends it on in the HAL. We've gotten everything from $100 up. The last cruise was $250 and they simply credited our account with it and used it for anything we purchased or for tips. As was said previously, you do need to have at least 100 shares.

Georgia

What is the approximate cost of 100 shares?

Archived