NCL STAR How strict are they about bringing a bottle or two of wine on board

superstew

Thanks Arwenmark, So the deal is: take all your luggage off the ship yourself ASAP at the end of the cruise---do they allow people to simply walk off whenever they feel like it? Your info has been very helpful.

No one walks off whenever they feel like it. There will be TONS of people lined up, blocking stairs and halls waiting for the all clear when a stampede will ensue.

No one leaves untill Customs/immigration clears the ship to let anyone off.

Heaven help you if their dogs find anything in lugguage that is in the terminal. That is a LONG delay when that happens.

But once they do clear the ship the carry your own stuff get off right after the suite guests.

It used to be that the HC passengers were also taken off first, but they no longer do this and it has led to a real NIGHTMARE for HC guests disembarking.

Leaving on Oct. 24th out of LA---can I bring a bottle or two of wine in my valise or is that frowned upon. Also getting many 'mixed msgs.' about the quality of the food on board..thinking that the steakhouse, Japanese restaurant and the Italian food restaurant are worth the surcharge. I would be interested in hearing comments on the food--and what to avoid. Also we fly out of LAX at noon on the day we disembark---is there any way you can get to the front of the line so you don't miss your flight?

flight: you will be able to pick up debarkation colors a day before the end of the cruise. If you want early exit choose the color that corresponds or do self debarkation.

Food, yes, it is subjective: if you are talking the Tappayaki table, my personal view, it isn't worth the $25.00 but the others are worth the price. I would do, Itlalian, Cagneys or Le Bistro and Endless Summer if I were choosing.

You can bring wine on, but will have to pay $15 corkage fee. Almost impossible to smuggle, I say almost.

NIta

Is the wine very expensive on board? They have a 'captive audience'! How can they charge a 'corkage fee' if you open it and drink it in your stateroom?

easy, they charge it when you embark or find it in your luggage. Yes, I think it is pricey on board, but for some, it is easier than bringing it on board.

Oh, the noon flight, if customs in L.A. is slow that day you will be pushing it.

Nita

Hello Vince, My DH & I are on the 11/14 NCL Star and our Meet & Greet is also planned for 11:30AM on Sunday in the Aqua. Did that work out OK? Seems many would be getting ready for lunch and will end up no shows. If it was combined with Lunch in the Aqua that would be great. To my recollection, from being on the Dawn, they don't serve lunch in the Aqua diningroom. I can't remember if they even serve breakfast. I think last

March 2009 on the Dawn, passengers with Balconies on up, could eat breakfast in the Aqua. So, does everyone at the M & G just have a late lunch. Believe our M & G was much earlier, I'm thinking 10AM and it was in the Star Bar overlooking the pool. Same area on the ship as the Biergarten is on the Star. Just, in your opinion how did that time

work for you?

Ruth

Archived