Are there any better obstructed view cabins than others?

Cocktail Queenie

We are thinking of changing to an obstructed ocean view cabin on deck 6 which is category 08. Are some views worse than others? I gather they are all porthole cabins. We aren't particularly bothered too much that we won't have a panoramic view as we will be out of the cabin most of the time but we do want the benefit of the light it lets in.

We were booked in an ocean view category 05 on deck 4 but figure the money we will save will pay for our onboard drinks!:D

Our first Azamara cruise was a restricted ocean view cabin. The restriction was a lifeboat outside the porthole. Yes, by getting up on tiptoe and looking far right, one could catch a glimpse of water. And, looking through the lifeboat there was a blurry scenery. On the other hand, when we tendered, they used that lifeboat so we got to watch the operation from above.

The stateroom itself seemed smaller-- as I recall, there was only one straightback chair. We've had veranda cabins on both Azamara and Oceania (identical ships)--and my wife much preferred them.

Can't compare the regular ocean view with the restricted view cabins, sorry

...The stateroom itself seemed smaller-- as I recall, there was only one straightback chair. We've had veranda cabins on both Azamara and Oceania (identical ships)--and my wife much preferred them.

Can't compare the regular ocean view with the restricted view cabins, sorry

Azamara's obstructed Ocean Views are 143 sq. ft., smaller than their insides [158 sq. ft.]. I think most or all unobstructed Ocean Views are 170 sq. ft., standard verandas [aka Deluxe Ocean View] are 175 sq. ft plus 40 sq. ft. But whatever cabin or suite you are in, you are still on the same ship;)

Thom

Archived