Royal Caribbean Visa Reward Questions

sherin65

Call Card Services at 1-800-421-2110 and tell them that you would like to redeem your Reward points. They will tell you your available balance and ask how many you would like to redeem. They will then send you a certificate that has the options listed on the back. You check the option that you want and send it to RCCL. I just did this for my upcoming cruise and it was very easy. There was a little booklet enclosed with the card when it was first mailed to you, it has all the information regarding restrictions, etc. I would read that if you still have it.

Your VISA credit card points are actually the one thing you can combine with any other perk. I used both the NextCruise and my VISA points for my upcoming cruise. I could have used shareholder status and VISA points. The credit card points are totally separate from other loyalty programs or special deals. The points come from the credit card company to get you to use their card.

Your number of points will be listed at the bottom of each credit card statement. When you want to trade in points, you just call the credit card company and request a certificate for X-number of points. They will mail you the certificate and you fill out the back, telling them which benefit you want to put the points toward. You return the certificate and...sometimes it can take as much as six weeks...you'll get your reward. (Money off your cruise, your OBC, whatever you chose.) This whole process can take a little while, so you need to plan ahead. And the certificate asks what cruise you want to apply the points to, so you'll have to make the booking before you turn in your certificate. I've never saved enough points for a free cruise, but I assume they would reimburse your deposit if you used that certificate.

I've had absolutely no problems using my points. I typically have enough to upgrade from an inside cabin to an ocean view cabin each year, so that's how I use mine. It's nice to be able to look at the LOWEST cost fares on the website, knowing that I can actually have a WINDOW for that price.

I recently redeem some points. The process was painless; which is something I did not expected.

All the suggestions above are correct. One thing I did was that I asked for the certificate number when I redeem the points. Then I called 1-888-305-4626 and told them I had a certificate number that I would like to add to my account. They entered the certificated number into my reservation and voila!

• 4 weeks later...
I recently redeem some points. The process was painless; which is something I did not expected.

All the suggestions above are correct. One thing I did was that I asked for the certificate number when I redeem the points. Then I called 1-888-305-4626 and told them I had a certificate number that I would like to add to my account. They entered the certificated number into my reservation and voila!

I just called to redeem some points for my cruise next month. I asked about the certificate number and the person said that they could not give me any number and would mail the certificate. A few years back I do recall getting the number when I called.

How long does it take to get the certificate in the mail? I know the form says 2-4 weeks, but is that what it took for yours to arrive?

Our certificate for 15,000 points arrived today after 10 days. This has been the longest time we waited ever. Seven days usually covers it, but we can live with 10 for $150 OBC on Oasis for the 12/1 inaugural!

R & D

Thanks for the information. My cruise leaves in 4 weeks so I should be OK.

I was going to wait and save the 25,000 Royal Points (that I just cashed in) for my Alaska cruise next summer, but since our cruise was charted and we needed to change dates we already have a $200 OBC. Since we will MOST likely be booking our Alaska excursions ahead of time, the inceased OBC won't help us too much in that area.

We still have about 8 more months to charge away and gather more Royal points for next year. These credit card rewards are great! My DH and I both got first class flights to Alaska next year for my Alaska cruise - which I am VERY excited about.

Pumbaamd - ENJOY your cruise on the OASIS. It looks like an AWESOME ship!

Archived