26 glacier cruise and Exit Glacier

domno

Has anyone taken the 26 glacier cruise of PrinceWilliam Sound. I believe its hosted by Phillips Cruises and Tours?

Also wondering if anyone visited Exit Glacier.

We were originally planning an RC Cruise/Tour but neither of these are on the tour. So we are considering doing our own thing before boarding the cruise ship. So I wanted to make sure they were on the "must see" list.

Yes, I have "done" both. Exit glacier has a range of activities to consider and a decent ranger lead walk. Excellent to do on your own. PWS boat tours are spectacular glacier viewing opportunities, FAR superior to anything seen from your cruiseship. If of interest, it's definately a "must do".

What "cruisetour" are you currently booked with??? Sometimes, if sailing Seward, there would be opportunity to get yourself to Exit.

Yes, I have "done" both. Exit glacier has a range of activities to consider and a decent ranger lead walk. Excellent to do on your own. PWS boat tours are spectacular glacier viewing opportunities, FAR superior to anything seen from your cruiseship. If of interest, it's definately a "must do".

What "cruisetour" are you currently booked with??? Sometimes, if sailing Seward, there would be opportunity to get yourself to Exit.

Not booked yet but looking at cruise tour 1 or 7 with Royal Car. But considering doing our own thing then hopping the ship at the end of the week. That way we could fit both Exit and the 26glacier cruise in.

Not booked yet but looking at cruise tour 1 or 7 with Royal Car. But considering doing our own thing then hopping the ship at the end of the week. That way we could fit both Exit and the 26glacier cruise in.

The only one, I would recommend is tour 1, tour 7 is a poor choice, as you miss Denali park.

However, these short cruisetours are definately less than ideal, as most of your time is in transit. Distance are vast. I suggest you factor in all the travel time and make sure these tour choices are going to give you what you think they will??

Going on your own, will allow you way more than what you are getting with a cruisetour, so your priorities of PWS.

Archived