Opinion of the Glory

disneylover89

We are thinking of going on a July cruise out of NY to Canada/New England on the Glory. It will be my DH, DD 12, DS 15 and myself.

I have not read many review of the Glory. What is your opinion of the ship? I read the ship has a 9 hole mini golf course and pool slide, does the ship have a rock wall too? Is there an arcade, if so how big? Is this an old ship that was refurbished?

I have not been able to find square footage of the rooms on the Carnival website. Is there someplace I could find out the size of the balcony rooms and suites?

TIA ;)

I sailed the Glory earlier this year in January. It's a Conquest Class ship so the layout can be a little confusing (some decks you can't go end to end). There is a 9 hole mini golf course and a slide. By July it will also have the large screen by the pool. The Glory is going into refurbishment in late Jan/ early Feb. There is not a rock climbing wall on this ship. I believe that is RCL's claim to fame. There is an arcade tucked inside the "teen" area. My kids and I would hit it early in the morning. Nothing spectacular, but it was fine. Probably about 10 games and there was an air hockey table. The games weren't cheap though.

I see you have sailed Disney. Carnival is great and kid friendly, but not a Disney ship.

You'll enjoy it though. This will be my boys (5 and 8) third cruise and second with Carnival. They always have a blast.

We sailed on the Glory late last year and really enjoyed it.

No rock wall (no Carnival ships have them).

Thought she was in excellent shape with little visible wear and tear. The Glory is not an older, refurbished ship.

Balcony staterooms are 185 square feet. Not sure about the suites.

We have sailed on her 2 times in the past and love her, she is a great ship and has been kept up very well, no rock wall as the others have said but the teens will have plenty to do the arcade is small but they do open the disco in the early evening for them and they have several things for them to do during the day, in addition to the lido dining if you go upetairs they had a great fish and chips place and lots of seating up there and it's more private for you, we had a 9A wrap both times and loved it, you will have a great time enjoy yourself.

We have spent 3 weeks on the Glory. One week back in 2005 and two weeks last year on a back to back. My understanding is that she is due to dry dock early in the new year for refurbishment, but except for a little wear in tear on some fabrics she seemed to be in great shape. My DH did a long review which you can get access to from below. It should give you some insights. Have a great journey.

disneylover89

We were on the Glory in October 2008 and had a great time. It was my first cruise with Carnival but not our last.

I didn't have any young children with me, but it seemed there were a number of things (other than camp carnival) that kids could particpate in (on deck games).

The water slides looked like fun and it was one of the disappoints of the cruise that I never made it down them. I correctd that on our Inspiration cruise. The slides were fun:D.

If you interested here's a link to the review I did: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=868675&highlight=magictam&page=2

I think you will have a great time on the Glory.

Hello. She is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew! I believe she is due for a drydock before you plan to cruise, so I'm sure she'll be even more awesome!

Here is a link to the post about my recent cruise on her.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1070255

And here is a link to some photos for general reference.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1072942

We are thinking of going on a July cruise out of NY to Canada/New England on the Glory. It will be my DH, DD 12, DS 15 and myself.

I have not read many review of the Glory. What is your opinion of the ship? I read the ship has a 9 hole mini golf course and pool slide, does the ship have a rock wall too? Is there an arcade, if so how big? Is this an old ship that was refurbished?

I have not been able to find square footage of the rooms on the Carnival website. Is there someplace I could find out the size of the balcony rooms and suites?

TIA ;)

Disneylover,

I read the first line of your post and started thinking I don't remember starting this post. We are looking at the Glory in July next year with myself, DH, DD(12) and DS(15) too. The start of your post sounded so much like us I had to take a double look. I've been searching these boards for information on the Glory and Canadian excursions. I'm just waiting for DH to get approval for his week off so I can book. I am hoping this week-end is it. Good luck with your search and planning.

This link might help with some pictures

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalGlory-profile.html

We were on her in Aug and had a fantastic time. Balcony room was roomy enough for us (DW & DS6). Only thing that lacked to me (while minor) was the game room, most of the few video games were out dated and some non-operational but my Son just loved playing air hockey and being around the others kids of all ages their. By far this was a wonderful ship and I can only imagine after it's upgrade it will be even better.

Glory= 2 thumbs up.

Archived