Hello from Cape Liberty, Bayonne NJ!

We went to the pool bar only a couple of times, the weather was not the greatest last week, so we made up for it at the bar on Deck 4...we have done several RCCl cruises and found the Explorer to be the best so far, food was great and so was the service..especially at the bar:) If you can remember, I forgot to get the recipe for two drinks, the Mastercard and the Italian Tea..both served by Hill and Henry. Also, Carlos is very accomodating as the concierge. Are you in a suite?

Karen

It is as cold as it is beautiful in bar harbor! The lobster is soooo good here!!! We are in a junior suite. Captain is olav gunnar nyseter and cruise director is mike hunnerup. Another surprise for us was the sushi at the buffet last night, very good. Tonite is portofinos and cheering for the phillies!

We went to the pool bar only a couple of times, the weather was not the greatest last week, so we made up for it at the bar on Deck 4...we have done several RCCl cruises and found the Explorer to be the best so far, food was great and so was the service..especially at the bar:) If you can remember, I forgot to get the recipe for two drinks, the Mastercard and the Italian Tea..both served by Hill and Henry. Also, Carlos is very accomodating as the concierge. Are you in a suite?

Karen

Hi Karen,

Yes, I am in a suite, so I will have access to the concierge lounge. I will see if I can get those recipes (maybe I will try them myself as I am always looking for a new drink!).

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn...that would be great if you could get those drink recipes. It was our first time in a suite and loved every bit of it. The room even had a doorbell. So I'm don't think I will be going back to a regular room. We have already booked the Oasis for May 2010...in a suite. I can't wait. :)

Karen

debates2 - come to the East Coast departures board for Newark hotel suggestions. Are you just driving down to stay overnight, or do you want to go into NY as well? If you want to go to NY, then the Hilton might be a good choice (it's a bit pricey for an overnight, but not if you are going to NY). Parking there is an additional $21. The hotel is in downtown Newark and not as convenient to the turnpike as the airport hotels. Also, the airport hotels are less expensive and some of them include breakfast.

Archived