Megans Bay

Planer's Edge

PE,

If I recall beach chairs were around $8 plus a deposit which you get back when they are returned.

No umbrellas available, but we usually find a shady tree to sit by or under.

Cab from Havensite should cost around $10 pp each way

Food and drink I can't really say, it all depends on what you order. We love Magen's Bay Pizza and usually order that, my wife usually has a salad of some sorts. For two of us lunch usually costs around $20, We are not bar drinkers but occasionally may have something at the bar too, which would add to this.

There is still an entry fee. This is because Magen's Bay is a National Park and the fee goes to maintaining the park and it's facilities. Well worth it in my opinion. Some drivers will collect this fee in advance so they have it ready when you get there, others may not.

Note: On the way back ask the driver to stop at the Scenic Overlook on Skyline Dr. It's literally 30 seconds off the "beaten path" and the view is great, You're higher than Paradise Point and it's free! On a clear day you can see St. Croix and Puerto Rico.

Scott

We were there October 10th and immediately took a taxi (vans or open air trucks) to Megan's Bay. It is $8/pp each way. $4 to get into the park - it does have restrooms, changing areas, semi-salt showers, open-air bar, place for fast food, and rentals. The loungers were $5 + $7 deposit; floats were $8 +$10(?) deposit; and snorkel gear (did not check prices). They take credit cards.

We did a little snorkeling on the left side (when facing the ocean) against the rocks. There was not a lot of variety of fish. Did see the spiny sea urchins (don't step on these).

Laying on the beach was very hot. Most people were in the water (wonderful temps there).

On the way back to town, the driver will give you the option of getting off in town or at the pier. We opted for the pier as there are so many nice shops there and found everything we needed. I would say stop off downtown if you are into serious jewelry shopping; and even then some of those shops also have locations at the pier.

DH and I both agree this is an island to come back to again! Way too much to see and shop for in the 9 hours the cruise allows.

Archived