Captain your own boat experience?

Willbcruisin

• 2 weeks later...

Last May we did small 2 seater Rhinos in St Martin and it was a BLAST. From postings of the Belize Captain your own boat excursion it sounds like it would even be better! DW and I want to do it 12/16 but they need at least 4 people to sign up. I had a post going in an effort to find others that might be interested but the mods pulled it for some reason??? :(

Last May we did small 2 seater Rhinos in St Martin and it was a BLAST. From postings of the Belize Captain your own boat excursion it sounds like it would even be better! DW and I want to do it 12/16 but they need at least 4 people to sign up. I had a post going in an effort to find others that might be interested but the mods pulled it for some reason??? :(

Hmmmm..........must be like when folks post for cabin mates? It's not allowed?

Wo do you book this with in Belize??

We did this thru Coral Breeze. It was a blast. There were only four of us and the guides, James and Tony. They met us in front of the Wet Lizard just a few feet from where the tender docks. They took us in a boat to where the little boats are. Gave us some OJT with the boats and away we went. We were on the river for about 4 1/2 hours. They are very aware of the time to get you back to the dock. Going thru the mangroves was like an old tarzan movie. We saw lots of wildlife.

One thing that is strange about Coral Breeze for this tour is they want at least four to book to start, after they get four, they will book one, two or three. So if there are only two of you and no one else has booked, they will not accept your booking. We found a couple on our roll call to book with us.

Check out some photos.

http://photobucket.com/belize09

Tedder...try the roll call for your cruise, also look to see what other ships are in port the same day and go to there roll call. It's a fun tour, you will love it.

We did this thru Coral Breeze. It was a blast. There were only four of us and the guides, James and Tony. They met us in front of the Wet Lizard just a few feet from where the tender docks. They took us in a boat to where the little boats are. Gave us some OJT with the boats and away we went. We were on the river for about 4 1/2 hours. They are very aware of the time to get you back to the dock. Going thru the mangroves was like an old tarzan movie. We saw lots of wildlife.

One thing that is strange about Coral Breeze for this tour is they want at least four to book to start, after they get four, they will book one, two or three. So if there are only two of you and no one else has booked, they will not accept your booking. We found a couple on our roll call to book with us.

Check out some photos.

Welldone Thanks so much! Your pics are great!

This is just the info I was looking for.

We're looking at this one too. We have 4 adults. Will they put us all in one boat or 2 separate??? If we could get 2, I'd probably book it. Thanks for any input!!!

You will get two boats. They will only put three to a boat if you ask. The boats are easy to drive. Book it, you will love it.

Check out some photos.

Thank you so much!

Your pictures are great!

This is just the information I was looking for!

If they can fit us I think we're going to go for it:)

Willbcruisin...

You will love it. The guides are really good at spotting wildlife. We would be blasting down the river and they would stop and point out monkeys, crocs etc. They were very fun guides, loved there work and country. Take a small plastic bag to put your camera in. It will rain, not for long, maybe 2-3 mins, but it will rain. Also lots of sun screen.

Have any more ??, just ask.

Willbcruisin...

You will love it. The guides are really good at spotting wildlife. We would be blasting down the river and they would stop and point out monkeys, crocs etc. They were very fun guides, loved there work and country. Take a small plastic bag to put your camera in. It will rain, not for long, maybe 2-3 mins, but it will rain. Also lots of sun screen.

Have any more ??, just ask.

LOL.......your wonderful!

We love those kind of boats and it looks like such a great way to see everything. We have been there but only went to the Wet Lizard...

OK...........my DD hates bugs..........I could care less.........I think the pics of the bats are cool..........so was it buggy?? I'm hoping for her sake the answer is no?

Thanks for the pics and info welldone60. Looks like a great time! I did have a post in the Port of Call (Belize) forum asking for others that might be interested but the mods removed it...Not sure why???

Hey, I see in your profile that one of your interests is racing. What kind? My son and I drag race here in Ohio

Willbcruisin....Hardly any bugs when we were there. More monkeys than bugs. We forgot to take any repelent and never needed any. Yea we went to the Wet Lizard after our boat trip, signed the wall, had a great day. We will be back in Belize Feb 2011 and will do the Captain Your own Boat again.

Tedder..we like all kinds of racing but love drag racing. A buddy and I have a AA/Supercharged 33 willys coupe. He drives, I tune. We were runner-up at the Hotrod Reunion last week. Cold track, pedlefest in the finals.

Willbcruisin....Hardly any bugs when we were there. More monkeys than bugs. We forgot to take any repelent and never needed any. Yea we went to the Wet Lizard after our boat trip, signed the wall, had a great day. We will be back in Belize Feb 2011 and will do the Captain Your own Boat again.

Tedder..we like all kinds of racing but love drag racing. A buddy and I have a AA/Supercharged 33 willys coupe. He drives, I tune. We were runner-up at the Hotrod Reunion last week. Cold track, pedlefest in the finals.

Thanks again...........I emailed Coral and they already replied. They are keeping there eye open for another (2) persons they said we need (4). I also emailed a cpl that is cruisng with us.

Glad to hear about the bugs...............love monkeys......my DD wants to go as well. I really appreciate your help.

Happy cruising to you and good luck at the drags.........we love racing as well;)

• 3 weeks later...

Coral Breeze won't run the excursion without at least 4 people signed up and I haven't found another couple interested for Dec 16. Call me crazy but when it comes down to the wire I'm seriously considering paying for an extra 2 spots. I'd prefer to "captain my own boat" but we might get a real nice tour with lots of interesting info if it's just DW and I with a private guide!

Archived