Pierino Gallo or Las Bovedas

getfuzzyfan

It would depend on what you are looking for if you would prefer one over the other.

We went to Pierino Gallo specifically so we could go to Mr. Emeralds where I wanted to purchase an emerald necklace which I did along with several coffee ban pendants. I had communicated with Lee before our trip so I had a good idea of what I wanted and what it would cost. I'm very happy with my purchases. There are several other nice jewelry stores there also. A nice store selling coffee. We weren't there long so it was the stores upstairs that we looked through but didn't have time to look through the stores downstairs.

The stores at Las Bovedas are small stalls pretty much selling a variety of things in each of them. More of the trinket type things in each store. Many of the same things found in each but of coarse there are always some differences and differences in prices. Also some vendors selling things on the sidewalk outside. It can be pretty crowded.

If you have to choose one over the other than if you are looking for some higher end items you will want Perino Gallo but if you are looking for more crafty lesser priced items choose Las Bovedas.

We loved Cartegena as it's a beautiful city. Hope you also enjoy your visit there.:)

Thank you for your response ... your advice was helpful. Do you recall if there are many gem stores in the Pierino Gallo or only Mr. Emerald? Many other stores as well? From a map I've seen of Cartagena Pierino Gallo also appears to be quite far from everything or am I reading it wrong?

Thank you for your response ... your advice was helpful. Do you recall if there are many gem stores in the Pierino Gallo or only Mr. Emerald? Many other stores as well? From a map I've seen of Cartagena Pierino Gallo also appears to be quite far from everything or am I reading it wrong?

Yes, there were other gem stores at Pierino Gallo. We wandered though two others I beleive on the second floor where Mr. Emeralds is that looked nice and there may have been more downstairs. Its not a large shopping area but there are quite a few stores. Yes, it is a distance from other places you may wish to visit in Cartegena. Wasn't looking at my watch but 15+ minutes? city driving(lots of stop lights-signs) from the cruiseport as when we left Pierino Gallo we returned to the ship.

I researched ahead of time so I knew what I was looking for in an emerald and knew what were reasonable prices. Just in case it should be of any help to you Mr. Emeralds does give an additional discount if paying by check verses credit card which I was glad to know as we don't usually take any checks into port with us but in this case since I knew ahead of time I took one with me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived