New Cabin Categories Showing on Carnival!

gargoyle999

Looking at my cruise on the Miracle for next year. It's showing me prices for Cat JS, OS, VS, GS instead of Cat 11, 12. Also 8J, 8K, 8M, 8N, 9B...

Anyone know about these new categories? :confused:

Deck plan still looks the same, but it's there when I go to do a fake booking...

My guy at Carnival told me they were redoing categories and I was looking at the Miracle yesterday but did not see the changes. He said they were going to start charging more for the few special cabins each ship has....on the Miracle I expect those will be the few with the long balconies...8232, 7258 and a few others. Will have to peek later as I am looking to book with my mom and sisters again.

on the Miracle I expect those will be the few with the long balconies...8232, 7258 and a few others. Will have to peek later as I am looking to book with my mom and sisters again.

There are a lot of new categories! It's more then just a few. :)

Looking at my cruise on the Miracle for next year. It's showing me prices for Cat JS, OS, VS, GS instead of Cat 11, 12. Also 8J, 8K, 8M, 8N, 9B...

Deck plan still looks the same, but it's there when I go to do a fake booking...

Well i have also tried to do the same thin and found out what you did ,if theres a change in catagories i hope that the prices dont increase

I did a fake booking and the aft wraps are definitely in a higher category now than the other cat 11s ("VS"). So far the prices are the same, but I don't know how long that will last... probably not for long. If anyone is seriously hoping to get one of those cabins, I'd recommend booking it ASAP before the prices go up.

My guy at Carnival told me they were redoing categories and I was looking at the Miracle yesterday but did not see the changes. He said they were going to start charging more for the few special cabins each ship has....on the Miracle I expect those will be the few with the long balconies...8232, 7258 and a few others. Will have to peek later as I am looking to book with my mom and sisters again.

That doesn't seem to be the case. I'm booked in 8232 which was an 8H. Now it is an 8K, but all of the other 8H's on the Panorama deck are now 8K's too. So 8232 is still the same price as the other extended balconies (not including the ones at the aft) - at least on the Panorama.

PS. If you are using a certain program to monitor rates, and your category has changed... you might want to go edit your settings.

That's how I noticed the change. Fishy was telling me no cabins avail in my sailing for Nov 2010. That didn't seem right so I went to check it out. Thought I was on the wrong cruise line website for a minute! ha ha....

I did a fake booking and the aft wraps are definitely in a higher category now than the other cat 11s ("VS"). So far the prices are the same, but I don't know how long that will last... probably not for long. If anyone is seriously hoping to get one of those cabins, I'd recommend booking it ASAP before the prices go up.

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop since I like the aft wraps. Who would want to pay the same for a Cat 11 right next door to the aft wrap. Not me!

Price is still the same for my sailing as well, it won't last long I'm sure.

Probably once they get the deck plans online. Also I checked out another booking site and they show the Cat 11,12's as sold out. So the changes needs to propagate to other booking sites/agents as well.

I'm sailing this December in a regular aft. When I booked about a year ago, it was "just" an 8C. But when I booked, my PVP told me they were recategorizing many cabins. This when just before they made the changes where not all IS or OV on a single deck were the same cat.

So, shortly after I booked, my cabin became an 8I. Gee, I got an upgrade! :p

Of course, I figured that since I had originally booked an 8C, and my cabin was now an 8I, I could pretty much forget about any price drops. Well, I got $200 PER PERSON drop first. Then, when I just made final payment a couple of weeks ago, I got another whopping $15 each. They've now dropped another $40, but since I didn't book ES, it's just too bad for me.

That original cabin that went for $1,009 is now under $800 with resident or senior or PG, or something.

And soon that cabin will be an even higher category.

Anyway, what all my rambling means is that just because the cabin will now be a higher category doesn't necessarily mean it will cost more. Just depends on what the economy does.

As for itineraries, I posted recently that I thought Carnival should change the Victory itinerary out of San Juan. The all-port itinerary is great but is just too much. I'd love to see them have alternating Southern itineraries. There are plenty of ports down there that you could have several ports but add in a couple of sea days. Imagine how fantastic a B2B would be!

Because of the intensity of the itinerary, we flew down the day before and stayed two days after. I really needed those extra two days. So why not just turn that into a 2 week vacation and get some rest while actually cruising, where your meals are paid for! :D

Back to the Spirit class ships - I would think they'd have to reclass those 9As on Deck 5, which have the lifeboats right at your feet. Seems silly to have to pay the same for those cabins as you would higher up that have much less obstruction.

Wonderful, more confusion, and more ways to charge money! Its like that picture of a cow we see, thats cut up into like 6 different sections... Now picture that cow cut up into 25 sections! LOL

Alright, I jumped and booked my Miracle cruise for next year this morning. I was trying to wait till I got on the Freedom next week so I could do the Future Cruise certificate, but the cabins I wanted were going very fast. This is the new Southern Itinerary to Aruba, etc and I wanted a wrap suite. I saw the categories had changed to four suite types, but the prices were the same for all but the old Cat 12 (now GS). I am glad I did. Talking to the PVP while I was booking I found out that they are just reclassifying all the Spirit class ships. The wrap Suites are now "VS- Veranda Suites" and will be higher then the mid ship old Cat 11 suites. These are now called "JS" which I am assuming are "Junior Suites". She told me I made it just in time to grab my Aft Suite at the old price.

They must be updating the web site. I tried to do a ghost reservation just out of curiosity on the Miracle and it errored out. Even on Sensation.

Could explain why my CS was messing up and saying it couldn't get rates for my spring break cruise on Sensation.

They must be updating the web site. I tried to do a ghost reservation just out of curiosity on the Miracle and it errored out. Even on Sensation.

Could explain why my CS was messing up and saying it couldn't get rates for my spring break cruise on Sensation.

They are doing some updates this morning. Deck plans now list the new categories, but the colors are not changed yet on individual cabins.

And I was wondering what OS was going to mean. It's "Ocean Suite".

I'm curious as to what new "colors" Carnival is going to use for these new categories. The deck plans will start to look like a paint by numbers set! :D

You might be able to see them by checkout out the deck plans on Carnival.com. But it keeps flip flopping between listing the old category names and the new ones.

Still haven't seen the colors show up on the actual cabin map, but the colors do show alongside the new category names when it comes up.

Archived