Pictures of Penthouse Suite on Glory

disneylover89

Does anyone have pictures of the Penthouse Suite, deck 12, on the Glory? I would love to see how the beds are set up for 4 people as well as pictures of the balcony.

Also, what is you opinion of this room? I can't believe the only balcony rooms that hold 4 people comfortably are the Penthouse Suites. The other balcony rooms are only 185 sq feet which is waaayyy to small IMO for a family of 4. I really don't like that there are no connecting door balcony rooms either to pick the 2 cabin option vs. the suite.

We really have no choice but to pick a Penhouse Suite.:(

we stayed in a regular balcony cabin on the Liberty (not much difference between the two ships) and there were four of us. At times it seemed small, but I thought it was just fine. My little brothers are 12 and 13, however they are 6'3 and 6'0, so they are NOT little. Good luck!

(i dont see any cabins on deck 12)

there are a lot of cabins that hold 4 people-- in cheaper categories too. example in a cat 8 balcony two beds together-- a convertible sofa and an upper bed I guess it depends on your level of comfort- we did an inside cabin with 5 of us to an inside room but we only used the room to sleep and shower. It would also depend on how old the 4 people and if they are teen girls in the mix-- then even a penthouse suite will not be big enough for the 4 of you---LOL :eek:

2698405620055282332zTlApY_th.jpg

an upper bed holds up to 250 pounds. My over 6" kids slept on it good.

the upper bed gets put away during the day

87143026yQqpwQ_th.jpg

We were on Glory last year and had a Cat 12. Photos are at: http://picasaweb.google.com/wmw1490/CarnivalGloryDec6132008#

We have been on the Inspiration, Glory and Triumph, all Cat 12s and liked the size of the Glory's Cat 12 the best. The Triumph is similar layout, but just a tad smaller. Inspiration's Cat 12 was just ok, nothing special other than a larger room.

Thank you so much for the pictures, you tubes videos and links. It has really helped me alot.:)

My family loves a balcony and we do use it alot. We are also used to cruising with Disney and their balcony rooms are 268 sq feet so decreasing to 185 sq ft is not an option for us. We did it once on NCL and were uncomfortable and did not like the sleeping arrangements ( all slept in single bunks).

I wish there was an in between option for a balcony cabin for a family of 4 but it is what it is. This is the itinerary we are interested in and we do not have much of a choice.

I just got off of the Glory on 9/26/09 and we had a Penthouse suite. There were 2 single beds (which could be pushed together to make one big bed) and the couch made out to a bed. Do not know where the 4th bed would be. The balcony is a decent size, had a small table and 2 chairs and also a lounge chair for laying out. I have stayed in a regular balcony room before with 4 people and it is pretty crowded but can be done. There is a huge price difference but I like to have the extra room in the penthouse suite.:)

Doesn't the couch pull out to a double bed?:confused:

No it doesnt. the back comes off and its made to the bed.

Royal caribbean has the pull out sofas that hold two people.

DIsney rooms are including the Balcony in the sq footage.

Carnival cabins including the balcony are 220 square feet total overall.

Balconies on the side are narrow.

this is a balcony on disney:

2956138180050030944kPvOvg_th.jpg

this is a balcony on Glory

2727970510044477402hUADIZ_th.jpg

Norweign has one of the smallest cabins on the waters.

Recently had two connecting "family rooms" on the spa deck/Freedom and loved the lay out for our group. DH and I had one room- kiddos in the other. Worked out nicely not having the balcony- we really are not balcony people- and the picture window was wonderful- you can lay in bed with the blinds up and watch the floor to ceiling view of the ocean. And, the big plus for us was not happening to worry about the kids being out on the balcony while we are not in the cabin.

Recently had two connecting "family rooms" on the spa deck/Freedom and loved the lay out for our group. DH and I had one room- kiddos in the other. Worked out nicely not having the balcony- we really are not balcony people- and the picture window was wonderful- you can lay in bed with the blinds up and watch the floor to ceiling view of the ocean. And, the big plus for us was not happening to worry about the kids being out on the balcony while we are not in the cabin.

a very good suggest- these 6Es do have connecting cabins. The have floor to ceiling windows. No balcony though. Are located on the spa deck.

2356545230101452122FSeaSL_th.jpg

We feel that the amount of time used on the balcony and the enjoyment we get from the balcony is part of the whole cruise experience. I would not cruise without one again. JMO

We leave next week on the Pride- so this will be the second balcony we have had- may change my mind after this cruise. I just know our only other balcony was not a make-or-break thing, for us. Now, on this trip we have my MIL so, I'm sure she will enjoy the peace and quiet of the balcony. Price was great compared to an interior on this trip, so I don't mind if there is a marginal difference.

Archived