Windsurf is still a great ship

Traval

Just back home from our Rome to Barcelona cruise and the Windsurf was just as great as we remembered.There were the same Occitane products and fruit bowl in the cabin and the crew members were friendly and helpful as on previous trips.

We ate mostly in the main restaurant but did eat one evening at Degrees where they have a six course 'tasting' menu and one evening at Le Marche the outdoor seafood venue.We enjoyed every meal we had.

A couple of differences we noted-----no barbecue this time,I think they have stopped it on Windsurf's Med. itineraries and the cocktail party for previous guests was exclusive and held in the Veranda with a notice posted on the door saying 'Private function'.This was much better because last time we went on the Surf they welcomed everyone at this event so why bother?

The bridge was still open for visits when at sea and speaking to the captain he intimated that there may be a couple of new itineraries for 2011 in the Mediterranean and he definitely didn't seemed concerned about the future of Windstar.

As well as good hospitality on board,we were fortunate to have a wonderful sunny week with some memorable sailaways.By the end of the week that tune was going round and round in my head so I just had to buy the cd to remind me of sunnier times as we head toward a Briish winter of typically wind, rain and grey skies.

Just back home from our Rome to Barcelona cruise and the Windsurf was just as great as we remembered.There were the same Occitane products and fruit bowl in the cabin and the crew members were friendly and helpful as on previous trips.

We ate mostly in the main restaurant but did eat one evening at Degrees where they have a six course 'tasting' menu and one evening at Le Marche the outdoor seafood venue.We enjoyed every meal we had.

A couple of differences we noted-----no barbecue this time,I think they have stopped it on Windsurf's Med. itineraries and the cocktail party for previous guests was exclusive and held in the Veranda with a notice posted on the door saying 'Private function'.This was much better because last time we went on the Surf they welcomed everyone at this event so why bother?

The bridge was still open for visits when at sea and speaking to the captain he intimated that there may be a couple of new itineraries for 2011 in the Mediterranean and he definitely didn't seemed concerned about the future of Windstar.

As well as good hospitality on board,we were fortunate to have a wonderful sunny week with some memorable sailaways.By the end of the week that tune was going round and round in my head so I just had to buy the cd to remind me of sunnier times as we head toward a Briish winter of typically wind, rain and grey skies.

Thank you. We will be onboard in less than 60 days and can't wait.

Thank you so much for your posting, Traval. We will be on the Windsurf in a couple of weeks, and it's reassuring to know that it will be as we remember it from our Grand Prix cruise a few years ago.

I do have a few questions: are people still dressing nicely in the evening hours? Is "country club casual" still the rule? ( I do hope so because it's nice to see everyone that way.) Do you have any suggestions about anything? Thanks! (I am sorry to hear that they've stopped the barbecue although perhaps I'm thinking more of the smaller ships. I wonder if they still have them?)

Yes, I believe the little ships are still having barbecues.

As to dressing for dinner-----well,I personally thought that people were not dressing quite as nicely as I have seen in the past.Obviously,no one was wearing shorts and t-shirts but there were many women in cropped trousers and blouses in the evenings.I guess it just depends on the mix of people on board at a particular time.

So great to hear another favorable report and that the captain is talking about 2011! We are looking at spring itineraries now ...

Archived