Feedback on stateroom location?

Xoe

I posted this earlier but got no responses, so I'll try to broaden it.

Any feedback, plus or minus, on Aqua staterooms behind the center "hump"? We've chosen #1621 because it's under another stateroom, thinking it'll be quiet, also no big overhang of the wider Resort Deck at that location, so, not too much shade and no support posts alongside the veranda. Near, but not too near, elevators.

Any feedback? We could change, as our cruise is not until 10/10. I read good reports of the angled rooms just in front of the "hump". Would that be a better choice, if available?

Thanks for any help.

Any feedback, plus or minus, on Aqua staterooms behind the center "hump"? We've chosen #1621 because it's under another stateroom, thinking it'll be quiet, also no big overhang of the wider Resort Deck at that location, so, not too much shade and no support posts alongside the veranda. Near, but not too near, elevators.

Any feedback? We could change, as our cruise is not until 10/10. I read good reports of the angled rooms just in front of the "hump". Would that be a better choice, if available?

Thanks for any help.

We had an angled room just in front of the hump. Large balcony. We were in 1606 -- we liked the bed by the bath vs. the balcony. I would recommend 1610 or 1606, and on the other side, 1603 and 1599, both bed by the bath.

:) From other comments on this site -- all the balconies are the same size (even Aqua Class) with the exception of the angled cabins just forward and to the rear of the "hump" cabins. I can't comment on the suites or higher

priced locations. IMO, unless you are REALLY into taking all your meals in Blu, and the overpriced spa treatments, I would be just as happy with

one of the angled cabins. We have one of the center humps on the Solstice next Jan --- can't wait !!! :cool:

Bardstowntraveller, your comment on #1629 is very relevant, as our stateroom #1621 will likely be pretty much the same. Appreciate your positive report!

Hamburg Avon Lady, in rooms at the front of the "hump", was there ever noise (e.g., deck chairs being dragged) from the Resort deck overhead? We thought there could be due to its being a recreational pool/deck location. We like the idea of dining in Blu and having use of the Relaxation Lounge; at the time we booked the price difference was not great between Aqua and other veranda staterooms, so we booked Aqua.

I had spent some time on the very helpful thread that has a compilation of detailed information on various categories of stateroom, and specific staterooms, but had not found a report on our chosen location.

My husband dislikes air travel, so for this trip in the Eastern Med, I'll be traveling with a friend, thus we'll need beds in twin configuration. Any considerations for that, in terms of location of beds in different staterooms?

Again -- thanks so much. No substitute for the "voice of experience".

Thanks for any help.

If we were to pay the extra for Aqua then your location is exactly where we would choose, between cabin decks and away from the overhang and support posts; and as close to the elevators as you could get.

Looks like a great choice.

We had an angled room just in front of the hump. Large balcony. We were in 1606 -- we liked the bed by the bath vs. the balcony. I would recommend 1610 or 1606, and on the other side, 1603 and 1599, both bed by the bath.

Wine-O - You recommended 1606 and 1610....we are staying in 1608 for an upcoming cruise...any reason for not picking that one? Or is it just b/c the bed may be by the balcony?

Thanks!

Wine-O - You recommended 1606 and 1610....we are staying in 1608 for an upcoming cruise...any reason for not picking that one? Or is it just b/c the bed may be by the balcony?

Thanks!

Yes, because the bed is by the bath vs. the balcony. The balconies are just a tad larger than 1608. Additionally, there is a steward's storage closet right outside the 1608 stateroom door, to your left as you enter the cabin.

• 4 months later...

Why is bed location important? Is the bed being close to the balcony better because you can see out from the bed? If the bed is closer to the bathroom, does that mean you can see outside from the sofa?

The bed location is commonly asked so please inform me. We are on Equinox 7266, what is the bed location for this cabin? Thanks

My husband dislikes air travel, so for this trip in the Eastern Med, I'll be traveling with a friend, thus we'll need beds in twin configuration. Any considerations for that, in terms of location of beds in different staterooms?

Again -- thanks so much. No substitute for the "voice of experience".

I don't think anyone has addressed this question. If so, I apologize for duplication. In February I was on Solstice with two other ladies in a CC stateroom (same size as Aqua class). We asked for the beds to be separate and they were, but only slightly (One foot or less between them). The twin configuration should not make a difference in your choice of stateroom.

Have a great cruise!

Doris

Cabin 7266 on the Equinox and other solstice class ships has the bed next to the

veranda. Look at the deck plans. Those cabins which have a white rectangle

have a drop-down ceiling bed over the couch at the veranda and beds at the bath.

Being able to sit on the couch inside or the balcony outside

and still feel close to the view is quite preferable. A bit tighter access to the closets

because of the beds is the only drawback

Archived