No more "free" Iced Tea or Chocolates???

jerseygirl79

Well, since many of you have recently sailed and had free tea in the mdr and chocolates I guess it isn't an issue.

I've been pricing AI land vacations, and I still can't find a better value than cruising, especially Carnival.

So the title of thread should be changed to:

"Nevermind";)

Hi! I'm intrigued by the idea of bringing tea bags and making my own iced tea. Can anyone tell me if they have Splenda or Nutrasweet on board? I don't like the pink stuff! Thanks so much!!:)
On the Pride they had the gamut- pink, yellow, blue and white. :D

I know I may get some slack for this, but I wrote to John Heald to find out if it is true that they hare now charging for iced tea and to find out if they are still going to put the chocolates on the beds at night. I also asked him if he could get PA007 to find out what other items they are going to take away from us in the near future. When I get an answer I will post it here.

I just read a review from someone just back from Inspiration. Apparently on this sailing they are now charging for Iced Tea and there are no more chocolates left during turn down.

Any one else recently back from any ship experienced this?

Don't know about the iced tea, but chocolates at turn down on our recent Freedom cruise were hit or miss--sometimes we got them. Sometimes we didn't. I could care less really, but my roommate loves the chocolates. She was definitely missing them.

I know I may get some slack for this, but I wrote to John Heald to find out if it is true that they hare now charging for iced tea and to find out if they are still going to put the chocolates on the beds at night. I also asked him if he could get PA007 to find out what other items they are going to take away from us in the near future. When I get an answer I will post it here.

Thanks! I was thinking about that, but I never visit his blog.

Here's a link to the review. If you read past the review he said there was a card on the dining room table listing speciality drinks and ice tea for 1.95. I'm pretty sure not for a long island ice tea.

I'm new to cruising and just the changes made in the short 3 years I've been crusing is amazing. I wish I would have started sooner, cuz at this rate, my crusing days may be over soon.

Is there a card in the cabin bathroom listing toilet tissue for .50:eek:

Hi! I'm intrigued by the idea of bringing tea bags and making my own iced tea. Can anyone tell me if they have Splenda or Nutrasweet on board? I don't like the pink stuff! Thanks so much!!:)

I have discovered the "green and white" package which is made from stevia, a naturally sweet plant. It's my fave by far and it has the consistency of sugar. It's a little pricier than pink or yellow stuff, but definitely worth it!

I just read a review from someone just back from Inspiration. Apparently on this sailing they are now charging for Iced Tea and there are no more chocolates left during turn down.

Any one else recently back from any ship experienced this?

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO jerseygirl79: Just off Triumph this morning. Chocolates were left on pillow every night, no surcharge. No surcharge for iced teas either. Have a great time on your cruise. I know I loved mine.

Archived