If we dont' like guarantee, can we go back??

OK, I did it!!

I just called and did the upgrade. cost me $80 for the two of us, less than I thought to upgrade from cabin 3596 to a guarantee balcony. Now I just sit and wait for RCI to assign my room.

I will let everyone know what I get. Thanks for all your help!!

Good LucK!!!!!

A~

But how do I find what rooms are available?? All sites just show that guarantee's are left, is there a way to find out which rooms. I have checked some of the other travel sites and they do not show which rooms.

I just make the asumptions that if a category is only offered as a gty then no cabins are available at that time for selection and RC is more likely to upgrade a gty booking because you have to accept the cabin assignment if it meets the guarantee criteria. With a selected cabin booking the client may be have a particular reason for it's selection and the person can refuse the upgrade so it could result in more follow up or work for the cruise line.

Yes it doesn't make sense to me to offer a E3 balcony gty at a higher price than a X balcony gty since the E3 is the least you can get assigned. I can see offering a higher category gty (like an E2 or E1) since then you can't be assigned the lower category that an X Gty could get .

OK, I did it!!

I just called and did the upgrade. cost me $80 for the two of us, less than I thought to upgrade from cabin 3596 to a guarantee balcony. Now I just sit and wait for RCI to assign my room.

I will let everyone know what I get. Thanks for all your help!!

Great, IMO you won't be disappointed.

You people are obsessed. But I get obsessed about the food. I almost always do GTYs. I ask for an aft, not under public or crew spaces. Always works.

I believe the gty cabin assignment is a automatic one made by RCCL's computer system from the available cabins that meet the gty criteria with some consideration or preferance given to your C&A or Capt's Club status. I have changed cabins, within the same category, after a cabin had been assigned for two of our five guarantee bookings with the most recent being today when I notice a midship, over a lifeboat, Cat 5 OV cabin became available for the X Mercury cruise I booked as a Z inside gty a few days ago. We had been assigned a second from the rear Cat 5 OV over the Pavilion Night Club. A quick call to the X's Capt's Club got us reassigned to that mid ship OV cabin..

I just wanted to bring this thread back to the top and thank everyone who recommended that I take the balcony guarantee upgrade. For $80 difference I went from a category H outside cabin 3596, to D1 deck nine #9094 on the hump.

This cabin is selling for an extra $300 per person.

I can't believe how lucky I got and thank all my friends here on this board for helping me snag this cabin.

I just wanted to bring this thread back to the top and thank everyone who recommended that I take the balcony guarantee upgrade. For $80 difference I went from a category H outside cabin 3596, to D1 deck nine #9094 on the hump.

This cabin is selling for an extra $300 per person.

I can't believe how lucky I got and thank all my friends here on this board for helping me snag this cabin.

Great, glad to see my crystal ball is still working although it's not pefect since it didn't predict getting that extra large balcony hump D1 cabin. It must have just come available after we did our check on cabin availability. It could have been a E3 cabin that became available before you got your assignment but even so RC is more likely to assign a cabin in a much greater availability higher category than a single cabin in a lower category as they seem to prefer to keep some availablity for selection in all categories. My method of engineering an upgrade isn't always exactly perfect since I don't really have a crystal ball.

Even if you hadn't been assigned 9094 but another D1 you could have call RC and asked if you could be reassigned to it if you knew it was available. We did that to get a another cabin on our last cruise and did the same for our upcoming Mercury cruise.

We did that Serenade itinerary several years back and really enoyed it.

It wasn't really a big risk. IMO it was more like "almost a guaranteed guarantee for an upgrade".

I get that... but Water had some concern initially, so for Water... it was a risk... (IMHO, ANY balcony is a good balcony ;))

A~

Archived