Question On Drink Prices

jcoco

I heard that the adult drinking package was being offered and i'm trying to figure out if its worth it. The only way i can figure it out is if I knew some of the prices of the drinks. So can anyone tell me about how much are the beers, how much are the mixed drinks like lets say a rum and coke or a cosmoplitan and how much is the drink special of the day or those frozen drinks. oh and how much is a regular coke or diet coke?

Thanks

It depends on the bartender, bar and what size glass you get. DH drinks Myers Rum and Coke. He paid anywhere between $3.95 and $5.95 before the gratuity was added. I'm guessing here, but the $3.95 was probably about 8 oz and the $5.95 was 16 oz size.

Just an example from our November cruise on the Monarch:

Absolut Martini - $8.00 add tax & gratuity = $9.86

Drink of the Day - $5.95 add gratuity = $6.84

Drink in a Souv. (take home) glass = $10.30

I went back to our receipts (If I could find them) or our seapass acct. final bill.

I guess if you are still in port they charge tax - some receipts had it, others didn't.....so I looked at the time of the charge and the only difference would be in port or out to sea. I think somewhere in a thread some time back I read that tax was charged while in port....not sure. By the time you add tax & tip these drinks can get a bit pricy.....especially the martini. I don't let price make up my mind all the time - VACATION IS VACATION - within reason.....

I'm curious - just what is the "adult drinking package" ??? A couple of years ago they sold a "Drink Card" - but that was discontinued. As of November 2003 they hadn't brought it back.... much to my disappointment.

I beleive the OP is referring to the "Platinum Plus Drink Program" talked about on the following thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=114316

Would love to hear additional availablity info from anyone "in the know" ;)

Sailing in April with DH (no kids!!!!) and could very well take advantage of such an offer!

:D

A

Just4kixx - thanks for the reference to the thread.

I would be very interested in this program. Although I'd certainly be able to use up my $50/day without any problems considering I love mochas, bottled water, etc. in addition to the drinks, I might (and it's just a "might") have a problem meeting that $50. on port days. I'd be willing to risk it tho. :D Almost makes it a challenge - huh? We're going on the NOS for a 7 night on 4/30 and hope it's available then.

Archived