Cabo Water temp & jellyfish in December

MizDaisy

Cruising to Cabo after Christmas and am wondering if the water will be too cold to snorkel.

Also, are there jellyfish there that time of year? Had a run-in with the jellyfish in June and I'm hoping to not repeat that fun. :(

Thanks for any help.

We have never seen jellyfish in Cabo, or any of the Mexican Riviera ports. We have been there in December, April, and July.

The water is very nice in December. Warmer than April. It won't be bathtub warm by any means, but very refreshing after the dry heat. Snorkeling is very good in Cabo. We also enjoyed snorkeling at Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta.

Thanks for the response! We've been there in late May twice and once in September. Water was warmer in Sept than in May, which makes sense I guess.

During our last May trip, we got stung in Cabo (jellyfish) and I was COVERED in stings in PV at Las Caletas. I wouldn't have stayed in the water at Las Caletas, but I'd paid extra to play with the sea lion!

So I'm going to guess that the water temp shouldn't be really any colder in December than it was in late May?

Hi MizDaisy! :) I've been to Cabo in Dec (New Year) as well as May... both times were about the same temp & freezing IMHO... but I'm a big wimp! Sept., the water was nice. The water temp was probably 68ish both times.

Compared to what I'm used to....either the Caribbean or my own pool in AZ...the water was cold on the Mexican Riviera.

I remember jumping in and hollering!! But once I'm in and swimming around, it doesn't seem too bad. But that was judging by late May/early June...and also September.

I think we're bringing rash guards, just in case. Both for warmth and jellyfish.

Archived