Penthouse Deck Equinox

kentlady

We have just booked on the Equinox for 2010, but I am now worried that the balcony will suffer from overhang. We have been given 1655 which is near the aft port side. It seemed a good deal at the time but not if we in the shade all the time. Should I stick with it or try and change.

I have 1547 booked for a cruise in December. I guess it just depends on how much time you spend on your balcony. I'm usually on mine in the morning for breakfast and evening to relax, read and watch the sunset. For me, I'd rather not have the sun beating down on me over breakfast. During the bulk of the day I am up on the deck by the pools. So I guess you just have to decide how much time you use your balcony and when.

We have just booked on the Equinox for 2010, but I am now worried that the balcony will suffer from overhang. We have been given 1655 which is near the aft port side. It seemed a good deal at the time but not if we in the shade all the time. Should I stick with it or try and change.

We have 1665 booked for December 4/09. We enjoy breakfast on the balcony in the morning so we are not overly concerned about the amount of sun at that time. If our balcony has shade during the day, we can make our way to the upper decks for our sun exposure. If your balcony is more shade oriented on the first half of the itinerary, it will experience more sun on the return to Fort Lauderdale. I would think that issue would be the same on either side of the ship.

Well, about that overhang from the Resort Deck.........

Spent 10 days on Solstice this past May in AQ 1608 & can not remember a day when the balcony had sun. That overhang is pretty large & the only sun you might have is either early AM or late PM.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ziggy

Archived