Feedback on King David - Mazatlan

Seaislegal

I am looking at booking the King David Stone Island tour. Looks good and have seen some positive comments.

Anyone have anything else to share about the trip, it looks a real good deal compared to Carnival's similar trip priced at $75 (ouch!). We are a big party crew so are looking for something real fun, but with activities included. How is the food, drink and activities?

Any feedback appreciated!

Andrea in Atlanta

We've done the King David Stone Island tour twice, most recently in April '04. It is a great tour to sample lots of different activities. My kids loved the horseback riding (just about a 1/2 hour ride - perfect for them), and the banana boats. The food is very good, traditional mexican. You do have a choice of chicken, fish or a combination.

The only problem on our last trip was that they really cut it close on the return to our ship. We arrived with about 10 minutes to spare...and it totally avoidable, as they continued a boat tour of the Mazatlan coast even though we continued to remind them that we had to be back to the ship soon. There were many people on the tour who were not cruise ship passengers, so they didn't want to short change them...but at the same time it was a bit nerve-wrecking!

Andrea

I have been to Stone Island with Randi's Happy Horses and have not been with King David. But I can only recall 3 or 4 people in three years who said they have used him and had good trip. My problem with him is that he posts on these boards under several names promoting his business. For that reason alone, I would never consider using him. But you need to research your options, read more posts and make up your own mind. Good luck.

Hi Seaislegal

In regards to King David I took a group of 40 + adults on this tour and to this day we still talk about it being one of the best tours ever.

I booked online with them and they met us at pier side to transfer us to their pier. Once we boarded we were treated to rum/cokes, rum punch and coronas. All free flowing the entire trip. The food on Stone island was great. We were sat at tables under palapa's at the waters edge. THe restrooms are clean, lockers availabe as well. Hugo and Urbaldo (our guides) provided additional entertainment for us prior to our choosen activites (most did the banana boat ride (too fun) and the horseback ride. After a wonderfun fun time on Stone Island we headed back to the harbor and past our Carnival ship up close for photos before docking at the pier. Once docked we asked to be dropped off at Senor Frog rather than back at our ship which they did. We then had to make our way back to the ship at our own expense. This truly was a wonderfu tour especially if your group likes to party and have fun. I think we drank our tour price in the first 2 hours.

E me if you have additional questions

Archived