12:45, too early?

Hello bayou and Welcome to Cruise Critic, not knowing where your flying too, but you could request self disembarkation and take your own luggage off. You would need to notify the Desk last couple days of your cruise. 5,000 is alot of people to disembark, and they usually have everyone off providing there are no delays with customs and arrival to port, by 9 or 10 AM. We generally take a later flight to travel to Calif.

On any other ship, I would say "no problem." It is only 10 minutes to the airport (except for traffic delays in the port). Saturday is a very busy day at the airport because of all the ships coming in and security can be slow. I have sailed out of Fort Lauderdale 4 times and have always been home (25 miles north) by 10:30.

I think you'll be fine...I would imagine the port and crew have taken steps to insure a speedy disembarkation process with the increased number of pax...they cant take too long since they still need to get the ship ready for the next group of pax. I wouldnt imagine that the time off the ship would change too much if at all from other ships like Freedom

Archived