Addressee for letter re disabled issue?

LindaKE

I would like to write a letter to NCL asking them to update their port and shore excursion descriptions to better reflect the level of difficulty for the mobility impaired that I encountered on our recent cruise. To whom should my letter be addressed to ensure that it reaches someone who can actually do something about it? What address should I use? I'm posting this on the Disabled Cruise Travel forum also since I don't know who would have the best advice.

I don't know who you should write to but the mailing address for NCL is:

NCL

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida 33126

Maybe address it to Andy Stuart since he's Executive Vice President of Passenger Services.

Writing the letter addressed to Andy Stuart would be your best bet, IMO.

Thanks. I'm hoping my letter will help a future cruiser. I'm not expecting anything for myself.

Thanks, Linda. I am somewhat disabled and I appreciate your work in this area. I would be interested in reading your experiences, should you care to share. I ride a wheelchair or scooter.

Hi, Roboat. My experiences were only relavent to our particular situation. It was a new itinerary for NCL, so the shore excursion desk and special needs services didn't have much information ahead of time. On 2 of our ports, just getting off and back onto the ship was a major ordeal. The ramp went back and forth for what DH estimated (and he is pretty good at this) was 1/4 mile. At La Baie in particularr, the ramp went downhill sometimes then back uphill, then downhill again etc. I had to stop to rest just to get off and on. (I was using a rollator.) Also, one particular excursion required that I walk about 1/4 mile over a rough path in order to get from the excursion boat to the bus that returned us to the ship, and, of course, there was a limited amount of time to do it in. I just want to alert NCL to problems for their mobility impaired cruisers, so someone else can make an educated decision about whether to go ashore or take this particular excursion. I would have chosen to remain aboard had I known about the situation.

Archived