Cancelling cruise at the last minute??...

CindyE

What is Carnival's refund policy if someone can't go on a cruise they had booked and paid for months ago? We're leaving out of Galveston on the Elation Sunday and now a friend that was going said they can't go. Won't they lose everything they've paid at this late date? If they absolutely can't go, does anyone know what Carnival's policy is if say another friend would like to go in that person's place? Is anything transferrable? TIA!!!

Depending on the reason, travel insurance may cover it. As far as getting any money back without insurance, no. You are too close to recover any money from it. I also had a friend cancel a week out. You can try to call Carnival and see if they will change it for a $50 fee. Being this close, I don't know. If the ship is sold out or oversold, they probably won't do it. I ran into this problem on my last cruise. You really should be calling them first to see what they say. I'm assuming your docs are printed... call your TA or PVP as soon as possible and see what happens.

You will have 72 hours before the ship leaves to make changes--at a cost-- for someone else to go. If there is no insurance you lose ALL of the money.

Hurry and find someone else to go.

I had to cancel my cruise one month ago due to my son's burn injury. I will never not take cruise insurance out again, believe me! I was able to sell my cruise to someone for a small price at the last minute. Carnival was nice enough to transfer the name for $50 and I had to sign a document. This happened Friday before the Sunday departure. It's terrible when something happens, hope everything is ok with your friend. Good Luck!

Archived