Just Booked Our First Suite..Tell Me How Happy I will be....

jaja

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just took the plunge and booked our very first suite ever...

Dec.4th 2010..Gem..Bahamas---Booked aft AE (since so many of you have been posting the virtues of aft)--Deck 9....:)

This is a big step...we usually do inside cabins!

Booked thru CAS..so got a deal...:D

Please start telling me all the things I will love......

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just took the plunge and booked our very first suite ever...

Dec.4th 2010..Gem..Bahamas---Booked aft AE (since so many of you have been posting the virtues of aft)--Deck 9....:)

I love having breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. I can't imagine booking anything but a suite on NCL....something tells me you aren't going to be happy with the closet room any longer! :p

You will be very happy. We will only do suites and just got back from having an AA on the Dawn.

You will find it difficult to ever turn back once you do this. We loved everything that came with it. You are among the 1st passengers to board ship and pretty much have the ship to yourselves for about an hour.

Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is a great benefit. Crab cakes eggs benedict - YUM!!

I don't know about others but we miraculously seemed to always get a window seat in MDR once they checked our room card.

Although we didn't use the butler and concierg that much, it is a nice option to order meals from any restaurant on the ship and have the butler deliver it to your room. They will even set up a table on your balcony if you so desire.

And let's not forget the bottle of champagne on ice that awaits you when you board.

If you drink alcohol, I suggest that you order a bar setup a couple weeks before you cruise. The balconies in the sites are a good size and we found that we spent a lot of time there.

I am sure others will add more because the list does go on and on.

Guy

Oh boy are you in trouble ...

Baby steps baby steps . You cant go from an inside to a suite .. Good lord , I know , you can never go back EVER ;)

Make sure you let someone know you are suite guests when you arrive to check in , they will take it from there.

Have fun

Thanks ......

I am getting more excited..(IF that is possible:D)

Since we are not crazy about the itinerary...I felt the suite was worth it..as we will probably spend more time on the ship...

As pointed out by MPK218, make sure you get in the VIP check in line for suite passengers. Enjoy the stares from the others as you are wisked past the lines to board.

Steak and eggs at Cagney's. Butler will give you a choice of evening snacks delivered to your cabin.

JaJa.. first of all.. Congrats on booking Aft and congrats on booking a suite. I hate to repeat what has already been posted, but our favorite benefit is breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. Without a doubt makes the suite worth the extra cost. We have always been Aft on NCL...once in an AC on the Sun and three times in an AE (Star twice and Pearl once). Loved the suites and loved the Aft. Next year when we sail on the Star again we have an AA and have to say are a little tiny bit nervous about not being on the Aft. From what we have seen the suite is to die for, but we so love our Aft.. 8-)

JaJa.. first of all.. Congrats on booking Aft and congrats on booking a suite. I hate to repeat what has already been posted, but our favorite benefit is breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. Without a doubt makes the suite worth the extra cost. We have always been Aft on NCL...once in an AC on the Sun and three times in an AE (Star twice and Pearl once). Loved the suites and loved the Aft. Next year when we sail on the Star again we have an AA and have to say are a little tiny bit nervous about not being on the Aft. From what we have seen the suite is to die for, but we so love our Aft.. 8-)

I have just started telling DH about these posts.and my research..and he is VERY excited about

breakfast at Cagneys...crab eggs benedict...and the coffee machine in room...he loves his expresso and cappachino...!!!!

my only concern...I always book midship..(for stability reasons)...never , ever would have considered an aft...but all you CCers...have convinced me to try....

my only concern...I always book midship..(for stability reasons)...never , ever would have considered an aft...but all you CCers...have convinced me to try....

Something happened in my inner ear in 2007 that caused me to have severe vertigo to the point of being hospitalized and still causes me problems to this day. It affects my eyesight at night and I have been known to have big problems with motion. That said, I didn't have any issues on the ship last year....maybe it was because we were so exhausted from our daughter's wedding and the many events that happened all around it to include my husband's work travels and things going on as they usually do with my family, but those three days were probably the best sleep that I enjoyed for quite sometime! That's how I decided to book the aft again....and here is hoping in a few weeks it's as good as that trip was last October because recently I have had a lot of stress in my life and sleep doesn't come easily.

something happened in my inner ear in 2007 that caused me to have severe vertigo to the point of being hospitalized and still causes me problems to this day. It affects my eyesight at night and i have been known to have big problems with motion. That said, i didn't have any issues on the ship last year....maybe it was because we were so exhausted from our daughter's wedding and the many events that happened all around it to include my husband's work travels and things going on as they usually do with my family, but those three days were probably the best sleep that i enjoyed for quite sometime! That's how i decided to book the aft again....and here is hoping in a few weeks it's as good as that trip was last october because recently i have had a lot of stress in my life and sleep doesn't come easily.

thanks!!!

Something happened in my inner ear in 2007 that caused me to have severe vertigo to the point of being hospitalized and still causes me problems to this day. It affects my eyesight at night and I have been known to have big problems with motion. That said, I didn't have any issues on the ship last year....maybe it was because we were so exhausted from our daughter's wedding and the many events that happened all around it to include my husband's work travels and things going on as they usually do with my family, but those three days were probably the best sleep that I enjoyed for quite sometime! That's how I decided to book the aft again....and here is hoping in a few weeks it's as good as that trip was last October because recently I have had a lot of stress in my life and sleep doesn't come easily.

That's so good to read! I have a type of vertigo as well, and I was a little afraid I'd have trouble in the aft cabin we booked for our honeymoon next year. Good to hear you did alright!! I'll come prepared with my medicine though, that's for sure.

That's so good to read! I have a type of vertigo as well, and I was a little afraid I'd have trouble in the aft cabin we booked for our honeymoon next year. Good to hear you did alright!! I'll come prepared with my medicine though, that's for sure.

Definitely take your medicine if that's what you're used to! :) When I suffered this vertigo/ear problem, I ended up going in to the hospital...I was so sick that they had to give me antivert, a stomach settling drug and several IV's. It's never went completely away unfortunately. For several weeks after the attack, I used seabands to walk on land. I have had tremendous luck with them and I plan to take them with me on this cruise just because. Since I do have a sensitivity to vertigo it made me a little antsy to book the aft, but I love that view (!) and the serene feeling back there. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives!

Looking for more great things to expect :D

(can ya tell I am already so excited...and it is over a year off!)

One more thing . No matter how ridiculous you may think a "request" might be . ASK , if its within the staffs power " It shall be done" .. Except for the one time they wouldn't let me steer the ship ;) Pooh

I can't believe no one has mentioned the bed!! Those Bliss beds in the suites are to die for! The best night's sleep ever! Also the pillow menu...(although we find the feather pillows that they give you are just perfect).

Oh, and the giant, soft bath sheets. Oh, they're wonderful!!!

A recent review stated that in Miami there was a long line for the Pearl snaking to outside of the building at port. My question is: If you have booked an AD or above suite, is there a different line that we will wait in? I had read we had priority embarkation, but since we are first-time cruisers, where exactly are we supposed to start standing in line? (Not trying to sound snob-ish, but we don't want to step on any toes going past people, when we actually should be at the end of the line.)

Do these perks apply to mini-suites, too? Listening to all the benefits, I may have to upgrade from a balcony.

Sorry, only to the full suites (AE and up on most ships).

A recent review stated that in Miami there was a long line for the Pearl snaking to outside of the building at port. My question is: If you have booked an AD or above suite, is there a different line that we will wait in? I had read we had priority embarkation, but since we are first-time cruisers, where exactly are we supposed to start standing in line? (Not trying to sound snob-ish, but we don't want to step on any toes going past people, when we actually should be at the end of the line.)

Not sure about Miami, but in Seattle as you went into the building they had a separate line for suites (AE and up). Just walk straight to the door to see if there is a sign there.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the bed!! Those Bliss beds in the suites are to die for! The best night's sleep ever! Also the pillow menu...(although we find the feather pillows that they give you are just perfect).

Oh, and the giant, soft bath sheets. Oh, they're wonderful!!!

sounds heavenly..;)

Archived