Sapphire in san francisco today ????

MTJSR

Sorry if I am missing something, but according to the San Francisco pier schedule, there are no Princess ships calling there today. The Sapphire is sitting at pier 35. Does anyone have better information then I do. Just curious!!!:confused:

Princess didn't want to risk it as Hurricane Rick was a category 5 a couple of days ago. Besides possible injury to passengers if the ship sails too closely to the storm, there's also the possibility that the area around the ports may be affected. Probably a good call to make just in case. And they probably figured better than just sailing around in a circle for a few days.

The Sapphire bridge cam shows it at sea so I presume it isn't working. And the SF Webcam I always use is totally black today so I've been in the "dark" about the whereabouts of the Sappire. Thanks for mentioning she is at Pier 35.

To the OP Welcome to San Francisco,

The bridge cam is working OK for me. I can see the San Francisco skyline, I'm just a bit bumbed out I didn't get to go down to Pier 35 and see her today. I just have to wait another 6 weeks!;) I'm really glad the weather here in SF has been nice today for the everyone onboard, yesterday was a bit sucky.....:(

Anthony

Yeah I'm on the Sapphire, we were informed of the change Sunday afternoon, talk about killing morale. So many people on this ship are from the bay area and are very upset since they claim to have contacted princess the day of sailing, Saturday, and was told that the hurricane would not effect our itinerary. I'm from Phoenix and also was a bit disappointed, our cruise was changed from a tropical weather cruise to a cold sailing, thank god the ship has an indoor pool.:) Anyway we are off to Catalina Island, good times!

Archived