POA back from Hawaii

lexie33

Just some information about the cruise, the scenery is wonderful, the staff is very friendly but a little slow. We were in cabin 10180 this is a very noisy cabin, has a connecting door to the cabin next to it and if you have noisy neighbors it makes for a long night. The cafe is right above the room and it is very noisy at night and early morning. All in all it was a wonderful trip.;););)

Lexie33,

Thank you for sharing your review of POA. We are staying in 10184 next September and was wondering if you had any photos of the cabin. The balcony looks large, did you have any pictures of the balcony? Now, I am concerned about that cabin and wondering if I should change to a cabin on the sides.

If you have any other additional information will you please share with me.:)

We are in 10180 also, and I was worried about the noise of chairs being dragged early in the morning. NCL gave us a complimentary upgrade to BA from BG which was a stern cabin I thought would be quieter, on deck 7. uh oh

Were you able to view the napali coast and the active volcano from that balcony?

How were the stewards for the cabin? Bathrobes? Did the balcony have a straight chair and a lounger?

What was your muster station?

Were there any perks for balcony, like on other NCL ships, a separate main dining room for breakfast and/or lunch?

How about the 48 hour window for booking specialty restaurants? Did you take advantage of that?

How was the food overall? Where did you eat?

How visible are you to the people in the outdoor buffet looking out over the stern?

How much of the balcony is covered and how much exposed? I'm thinking about sunburn if we're there during the day.

and of course we want to know what you did in the islands. Thanks

Lexie33,

Thank you for sharing your review of POA. We are staying in 10184 next September and was wondering if you had any photos of the cabin. The balcony looks large, did you have any pictures of the balcony? Now, I am concerned about that cabin and wondering if I should change to a cabin on the sides.

If you have any other additional information will you please share with me.:)

Here is a photo of the cabin and part of the balcony for the stern cabin we booked on deck 7. It should be identical to 10184, just 3 decks lower than yours.

The same website has lots of photos of all categories of cabins & suites. Shows a BA on the side, I think, too. but for the photo of the stern balcony use the BG 7684 photo.

/www.02cruise.com/lines/Norwegian Cruise Line/Pride Of America/photos/

http://www.02cruise.com/lines/norwegian cruise line/pride of america/photos/pride of america cat bg stateroom 7680 oceanview with balcony.jpg

I did not take any pictures of the cabin did not think of it however the balcony is almost as big as the cabin. There are only 4 drawers in the cabin so pack light, the closet is big and has some shelving. No alarm clock and no where to plug one in. There are no perks for this cabin. The room stewart was Joseph and he was very helpful. We ate at east meets west on Saturday night, and the Liberty dining room the rest of the time except on Thursday we to Lazy j's. The Liberty dining room is upstairs from the main dining room but hardly ever have to wait. We rented cars in most of the ports and only did the excursion for the crater snorkel. Oh one more thing suitcases go under the bed.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is a photo of the cabin and part of the balcony for the stern cabin we booked on deck 7. It should be identical to 10184, just 3 decks lower than yours.

The same website has lots of photos of all categories of cabins & suites. Shows a BA on the side, I think, too. but for the photo of the stern balcony use the BG 7684 photo.

/www.02cruise.com/lines/Norwegian Cruise Line/Pride Of America/photos/

www.02cruise.com/lines/norwegian cruise line/pride of america/photos/pride of america cat bg stateroom 7680 oceanview with balcony.jpg

Quick Question: Is the POA the old NCL Star ship? I recall reading somewhere where the Star, (which we were on), was relocated to Hawaii and renamed the POA. True?

The now Jade used to be called Pride of Hawaii but was moved in 2008, we were on for the last two weeks its was in Hawaii.

The Sky used to be in Hawaii and was called Pride of Aloha, it moved in July 2008 as well.

Yep we too have had one connecting cabin in the past, neighbours were noisey and there was a fair amount of smoke coming under door.

We duck taped around the entire door to stop the smoke which helped but did nothing for the noise.

Never again do we take cabins located under cafes or connecting.

Archived