Tours and taxi's in Cambodia + Viet nam

vjb

We're taking a cruise that will have stops in Da Nang + Phu My Vietnam and Sihanoukville, Cambodia. We do not like taking the ships tours but I understand that only one tour operator is allowed into the port at Phu My.

Any suggestions for getting around would be appreciated. We do not like taking the ship's tours. Does anyone know good tour operators? Can we get taxis or pick up a tour operator when we get off the ship? Is the language a problem?

This is my first posting. What do tags refer to

We're taking a cruise that will have stops in Da Nang + Phu My Vietnam and Sihanoukville, Cambodia. We do not like taking the ships tours but I understand that only one tour operator is allowed into the port at Phu My.

Any suggestions for getting around would be appreciated. We do not like taking the ship's tours. Does anyone know good tour operators? Can we get taxis or pick up a tour operator when we get off the ship? Is the language a problem?

This is my first posting. What do tags refer to

My understanding is that their is one official tour operator but we are using another that has to pay $20.00pp for the permit to pick up at the ports, including Danang. We are using Smile Tours Vietnam.

Archived