Theme Nights eg Halloween

Wickazoid

I am going on my first cruise on 31 Oct on the Pacific Sun with my DH and 2 kids. My eldest (who is 6) is hoping they do a Halloween night. How do you find out what theme nights there will be onboard before you actually get on there.

Also, are they likely to do anything special for Melbourne Cup?

Hi,

Probably best to ring P&O and ask for this one. Last year we were on an American ship at Halloween, and naturally I packed some gear, a silly black hat, a loud lantern, and lots of lollies for the children aboard. I assumed that they would celebrate, but they didnt. So I would check with P&O.

Have a great cruise,

Jen

I don't think I would want to see any kids going knocking on any cabin doors. Bad idea.

I would also not expect anyone to have anything to give anyway.

We were on a carnival ship in the Caribbean a couple of years ago in mid October and they had a special night for the kids and all the staff dressed up. The younger ones made masks and had facepainting. Quite a few passengers also dressed up.They also had special "formal" setups with spooky backgrounds and they had you look scared in them. I was with my 14 year old daughter and we loved these photos we bought a few of them

fair enough for us older aussies, but unfortunately australia has become so Americanized , that our children seem to have caught on to the chance for more lollies and the sort, and ofcourse the shops have also taken advantage of a chance to make some more money selling all sorts of halloween goodies! but i wouldnt think it would be celebrated at sea on a australian ship:confused:

Archived